Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Monday to everyone!

Hi all,

Just the start of another week, but this too, shall pass.  That's one thing you can be sure of, each twenty four hour period will come and go, staring another twenty four hour period.  I hope your first of the week day back to work, is going well for you.  As for me, it was two loads of wash and a start to cleaning my upstairs.  Not much else since then! 

I've been having some problems with pulled muscles for the last three weeks or so.  I went to the doctors a week ago and he took xrays.  I thought perhaps I might have splintered my hip or something.  I'm glad it's just the muscles, but will be glad when they get well again.  Ive been  icing them four times a day up until today.  I decided to drop to three times a day this week.  I've also taken myself off the Ibuprofen and switched to Tylenol instead.  I'm not to stay on the Ibuprofen for more than about 10 days, and it's now been over two weeks.  So, I think it's time.

This past weekend was another very nice one, both weather wise and pleasant for my husband and myself.  I am so pleased that the weather hasn't been really hot and humid on the weekends.  That means that I am able to sit on our porch and enjoy being out of doors.  I love it.  I will say that this past July has not been our normal month of July weather and for that, I give thanks.

I need to get back to proof reading my novel, White to Black.  Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to, at least, spend an hour on it.  I do need to get back to my cleaning tomorrow, so I'll just have to see how tired I am when I'm finished the cleaning.  I also have some other writing projects that I'd like to complete one of these days.  It basically depends on how tired I am and how much energy I have when I sit down. 

What have all of you been up to lately?  I suppose a lot of you have been, or are looking forward to, a vacation.  Vacations are so great, even if they aren't like they used to be.  For me, my vacations are very sedentary, which is my every day life style.  But, it's nice to get away for a few days, even if you do pretty much the same thing you do at home.  If you haven't yet gone away on vacation, please have a wonderful time and stay safe.  Be careful in your travels. 

I'm still working on my hand embroidery projects and loving every minute of it.  Everything I've made is for Christmas, but that's good in my estimation.  It will save me from having to purchase felt, decorated bags and gift card holders.  I love being creative and it makes me feel good about myself.

Have a wonderful week and stay safe.  Enjoy the good weather!
Susan

No comments: