Sunday, August 10, 2014

Happy Sunday!

Hi all,

Well, this weekend is almost over.  They do go so swiftly, don't they?  I am sure that you all wish our weekdays would go faster.  I trust you had a nice weekend and I hope you got a few minutes just for yourself.

I had a very enjoyable weekend.  On Saturday, I helped a young boy to create two snowmen out of bricks.  They turned out very well and he was thrilled with the finished projects.  It's been a very long time since I did crafts with my Grandsons.  I have to say that I truly miss that experience.  Two of his little friends watched while we painted our bricks.  I would have let them do one, also, but I didn't have anymore bricks.  I really don't have the energy to do this on a regular basis, but I did enjoy those few minutes with him.

Well, I have to say that the humidity is certainly coming up today.  I'm not liking that, not one little bit.  But, at least Friday and Saturday were beautiful days to be out of doors.  I hope you got a chance to spend some of your weekend outside in the beautiful weather. 

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday.  My baby turned 42 today.  I guess she's not my baby anymore, but that's how I feel about it.  My other two daughters will be turning 44 and 46, in a couple of months.  I can remember the day that each of them were born.  I don't know just where the time has gone.  It just flew on by.  I am so very proud of the three of them.  They have turned out to be wonderful mothers, strong women and very intuned with their children, as well as great wives.  So, I want to say, "Happy Birthday, Candy!"

My husband and I have become close friends with a younger couple during the last few months.  They have a nine year old son.  The husband is suffering from many cancerous tumors and this has affected the entire family.  They are truly wonderful people.  We feel empathy toward them, but not pity.  They are trying to make the most of the time that they have left as a family.  I am proud of them for doing this.  No matter what happens, God will carry them through any hardship they may have.  When things turn for the worse for this man, they will both handle it with dignity.  This I know for sure.  Please stay a prayer for them.  I believe, firmly, in the power of prayer!

Well, enjoy the remainder of your Sunday.  Be safe and thank God for all the blessings you have in your life.
Sue

No comments: