Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's getting shorter!

Hi all,

My title is referring to this week.  Just one more work day after today, which is over half way done.  Then you will be able to kick back, sleep in a bit, and do some relaxing.  Perhaps you'll be heading to the pool with the family or having a cook-out with friends.  Whatever you choose to do, relax and enjoy yourself. 

Nothing special planned for me this weekend.  My husband is going to have to work both tomorrow and Saturday.  Bummers.....but I understand!  I think people seem to forget that he is seventy two years old and that agreeing to about sixteen hours a week should be honored.  I'm glad he's still working a part time job, but all this stress is not good for him.

I have finished proof reading my autobiography, White to Black...With Many Shades in Between.  Now I put it into the appropriate font for amazon.  Then when I finish that, I'll be able to make it available for electronic reading on Amazon.  Then I'll have fourteen books and booklets available.  If you haven't checked them out, as of yet, please do so by going to:  www.amazon.com and filling in my full name in the search block provided.  All my books and booklets will come up then. 

The next book I'm going to do is a book of poetry.  But, I only have thirteen poems finished, at this time.  So, I need to get working on another seventeen of them.  I only started writing poetry recently, but I am finding that I enjoy it very much.  I am always looking for something new to do in the creative line. 

I've been thinking alot lately about starting another pencil drawing.  It's been at least a year or two since I've done any and I love creating with a pencil.  It's a lot more tedious than using paints, chalks or charcoal, but the rewards are great.  Being able to create something, with just using different shades of white to black, is so rewarding.  It's always amazed me how that can be done.  But first, I have to come up with something that I'd like to draw.  But what???

My youngest grandson is extremely good with a camera.  He has taken some photographs for his friends and they are marvelous.  He has a "shoot" coming up this Saturday.  He was hired to take photographs of two girls by their parents.  I'm glad to see that he is now getting some paying jobs as a result of his hard work and of course, this will help pay for some of his expensive camera accessories.  If you are in need of a photographer who won't charge you an arm and a leg, let me know.  He doesn't print the photos out for you, but rather he will give them to you on a USB drive.  Then you can either print them out yourself of take them to Walmart or Staples. 

I'm still working on my embroidery work.  And, yest, I'm still making felt Christmas bags.  I usually end up buying them from one place or another.  So, by doing them myself, I'm giving myself something to do that I enjoy doing and I'm saving myself some money.  Here's a picture of my resent projects.




They are approximately 12" long by 4 1/2" wide.  When I'm finished I will have ten of them.

Well, I hope the remainder of your week goes well for you and that tomorrow goes fast.  Stay safe and may God bless each and every one of you.
Susan















No comments: