Monday, August 25, 2014

Same old things on Monday!

Hi all,

I hope your Monday has been going well.  Mine has been pretty much like any other Monday.  I've always done laundry on Mondays and today was no different, except I had an extra load today.  Other than that, I did write another poem, read a bit and spoke with my best friend, Donna, on the telephone.  I made so many trips up and down the stair steps with my laundry, that I was quite tired when I completed it.  So, tonight I'm just chillin' out. 

I suppose the heat is back this week and actually I'd rather have the cooler temperatures we had over the weekend.  I actually enjoyed having to put on a sweatshirt.  This weekend we will celebrate Labor Day.  So, Monday will be a holiday which will make next week a short week for everyone.  I'm sure that pleases most of you, just as it does me.

I did go upstairs to my craft room for a while today.  I had to get some things together for my next hand embroidery project.  I am still working on creating Christmas bags and gift holders.  I usually just buy them but this year I've truly enjoyed hand sewing them.  I am very proud of them and they'll make great re-gifting bags for my family.

I now have seventeen poems completed, but I don't want to put them into a book until I have approximately twenty to twenty-five.  I'd like to take a course on poetry, but the one that I saw wasn't during a convenient time period for me.  Perhaps they'll run another one in the fall or winter that I can sign up to take.  I do know that there are many different forms of poetry, but that's about all I know.  I like to educate myself when there's a subject that I don't know much about.   I think the winter months are a good time for me to take a course.

I'm glad my family is all doing well once again.  Well, my husband is having some medical problems again, but hopefully we'll get some answers tomorrow after a test.  I hope it's nothing serious.  How is your health?  I know, first hand, just how hard it is to live with chronic illness, but I do try to make the best of it, because I have no choice.  I do have an appointment with my cardiologist this Wednesday.  I hope I get a good report after he checks things out with me.  Say a prayer for me, please.

I've been thinking ahead about my Christmas card styles for this year.  I've decided on one type that I plan on creating and that is from Iris folding.  You take small pieces of paper, cut into strips, and then you layer them onto the wrong side of a cut-out shape.  You use different color combinations when you do Iris folding.  I think they look great when they're finished, but they are very time consuming.  That's why I am going to start them in a week or two.

What have you been up to lately?  I hope whatever you've been doing has some creativeness to it.  I think it's very important to use the abilities and blessings that God has given to all of us.  So, please think about what you can do and then just do it!

Have a good week and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: