Friday, August 29, 2014

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Hi everyone,

How are you this fine Friday?  Can you believe that tomorrow is the last day of August?  This summer has gone by so quickly I can't believe it.  Soon fall will be upon us. 

I'm sure that most of you have lots of plans for over this weekend.  Whatever you're doing or where ever you're going, have lots of fun and be safe.  And be very careful driving because there will be loads of automobiles on the roads also. 

I wasn't too happy to hear that starting tomorrow afternoon, the humidity is going to creep back up.  I was sincerely hoping that we'd have another low humidity holiday weekend.  But, unfortunately  there is not anything I can do about the weather.  We have been truly blessed this summer, weather wise and for that, I am thankful.

I'm still working on my poems.  I now have eighteen finished but I want to complete about twenty-five before I publish them in a book.  I've been feeling like I'd like to start another pencil drawing or perhaps one using chalks.  I haven't done any for a year or two and I kind of have the itch to get back into it once again.

I am hand sewing elf bags to hold Christmas gifts.  I will have eight when I'm finished them.  I love working on my hand embroidery in the evenings while watching television.  You see I have a bad habit of picking at my nails and when I keep busy, I let my nails alone.  But, mostly I just enjoy creating things. 

Have you noticed how well your flowers have done this summer.  Ours are blooming so beautifully and they look so healthy.  Unlike some summers when the flowers always are drooping down from a lack of water.  I almost hate to see them in another month when they will start drying up and turning brown.  Oh well, we need to enjoy their beauty while we still can see them.

Whatever you are going to do this holiday weekend, please enjoy yourself and spend time with your families.   I can attest just how fast children grow up and leave the nest.  After that, you won't see them quite so often.  I can promise you that you will miss spending time with them.  So, enjoy it while you can.  Be safe and God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: