Monday, October 13, 2014

Are you a Halloween buff?

Hi all,

I was just wandering if everyone out there gets all excited about Halloween or not.  I have to admit that I don't really do much of anything anymore, certainly no decorating.  Although I did bring down three pumpkins, which I made many years ago, and used them as my dining room table centerpiece.  I also have a candle on either side of them.  That's about the extent of my Halloween decorating. 

My husband and I choose not to do the "trick or treat" thing anymore.  Although we do hand out some candy to a few young children that we know.  How about you?  Are you still into the trick or treat thing?  I think that as we age, it becomes more of a bother than anything else.  I guess it's only fun when you have young children who really get into the whole Halloween thing.

I was just watching the weather and they are calling for temperatures into the low seventies for the next two days.  I can't say I'm very happy about that.  We turned the furnace on about a week ago, although we only have it set at sixty-five degrees.  Over the weekend, the temperature was down into the forties, so we needed the furnace.  I suppose I shouldn't complain, because probably in a short period of time, it will get really cold.  Ugh!  Why can't we just have fall temperatures like we used to many years ago.  I hate this going from summer almost directly into winter.  Oh well, there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about the weather, so I might as well not complain!

My husband recently had some surgery and is now recovering very well.  The problem is that he is having a problem not lifting anything that weighs more than fifteen pounds.  Men!  The older they get, the more pig-headed they become.  I don't know why men just can't accept that as the body ages, it starts to break down.  That's just the way it is and there's nothing any of us can do about it.  Oh, of course you can have face lifts and other cosmetic surgery, but I'm not interested in any of that.  If God had wanted our bodies to stay the way they are at age forty, then He would have made us that way.  Aging is just a part of life, and I for one, will not die my hair, have a face lift, or any of those things. 

Right now I'm watching "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" on the Inspiration Channel on television.  I watch that channel quite often.  They have "Saddle Up Saturday" on Saturdays and I love watching the westerns.  The other channels are running so many recent reruns, so it's kind of nice to watch the programs that I used to love, once again.  "Jag" is another show that they run, as well as many other ones.  You should check your cable carrier to see if they include the "Inspiration" Channel in their lineup.

I am trying to finish my downstairs cleaning this week so that I can really get moving on my hand made Christmas cards.  I believe I've only finished twenty so far, so I have a lot to go yet.  I also need to get back into writing poetry.  I intend to publish a book of poems as soon as I have enough of them finished.  I have to say that I am truly enjoying writing poetry, even though it's a new venue for me.

How about you?  What have you been up to lately?  Are you a person who starts planning ahead for the holidays?  I am.  Since I've become ill, I really need to start early, so I don't feel rushed or stressed.  The Christmas Season is my favorite time of the year.  I so love the good will that people show at that time.  It's too bad that those feelings don't exist all year long.  Do you agree with me?  I hope so and it's too bad everyone doesn't feel that way.





I still have this Christening Gown available if anyone knows of someone who is getting their baby christened and can't afford a gown.  I will gladly give it to them.

Have a great day tomorrow and stay safe.
Susan
















No comments: