Tuesday, October 7, 2014

How's your day going?

HI all,

I do hope that everyone out there is having a great day.  I know it's only Tuesday but just try to make the best out of each and every day.  As you get older, you begin to realize how important it is to live one day at a time.  Don't rush your life away!  You all know the old saying, "Stop and smell the roses!"  Well, that's what we all need to do. 

Each day that we wake up in the morning, is another day that God has given to us.  Of course, everyday won't be a "great" day, but it's only one twenty four hour period.  As I aged, I realized how important each day of my life is.  I've learned to live each day giving gratitude and acceptance to God.

Well, I now have approximately eighteen of my handmade greeting cards finished.  I've started another eight, but haven't gotten very far, as of yet.  I'm trying to get a little house cleaning done this week and that really tires me out.  I'm sure most of you are saying, "Well, it's only the seventh of October.   She has plenty of time left to make Christmas cards."  My answer to that would be, "I need to have them finished around the 5th of December.  Believe me, that's not that far away."  I can only work on them, at the most, about two hours a day, because of being chronically ill.

Even though it takes me so long to create all of my cards, I do so enjoy working on them.  It gives me a sense of self-esteem and we all need self-esteem in our lives.  I am very happy when I'm creating something.  How about you?  Are you creative and if you are, in what way?  I'd really like to know what you enjoy doing creatively.

Well, I suppose winter is on it's way, whether we want it to come or not.  I do like the change of the seasons, but the extreme cold and heat are hard for me physically.  If I can stay inside during those times, it's okay with me.  I do love to see the first snow of the season.  It makes everything so beautiful outside.  It gives me a sense of peace and calmness.  I don't think I'd ever want to live in a place where the climate remains pretty much the same all year round. 

I'm preparing a big pot of home made chili for dinner tonight.  My husband and I both love chili, but especially the way I prepare it.  We use "Scoops" tortilla chips as a spoon to eat it.  I also love the fact that I make a large pot of it, therefore, giving us enough for two or three meals.  I love not having to cook dinner every evening.  How about you?





I wish I had more energy than I do, but that's just the way it is with me.  I have a few things that I do, which are very important to me, but I have to tell you, that cleaning my home is not one of them.  I did finish upstairs today so maybe I'll wait until next week to tackle the downstairs.  We'll see. 

How are all your children getting along in school this year.  I hope your answer is "good".  I only have two Grandsons who are still in high school.  It seems things are going good for them.  I also have two Grandsons who are in their second year f college.  I believe things are going well for them, also.  My two oldest Grandsons work full time jobs,  I am so proud of all six of my "boys."  Do you have grandchildren?  I do hope so, because they are an extension of you. 

Well, I hope you have a great day.  Be safe and God bless each of you.
Sue

















No comments: