Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm back...finally!

Hi all,

I'm sorry that I haven't bee in touh with all of you for the past week, but we were having trouble with our Internet hook up, including our telephones.  But, now we're back in business once again.  I have to tell you that one does not realize how much you depend on the internet, until you no longer have service.  We were told that we needed some new equipment because our's was outdated. 

Well, how was your weekend?  Our was quite busy, but good.  It was a bit on the cool side and a little too windy for me, but I was able to be outside for a while.  That is, with my sweatshirt and hood on.  Too bad I didn't have my gloves with me, because I wold have put them on.

If you haven't already realized it, it's almost the end of October.  I really don't do much for the celebration of Halloween anymore.  I did sit my hand-made pumpkins on my dining room table.  They'll remain there until we decorate for Christmas.  Which, by the way, I can't wait for the Christmas Season to arrive, starting with Thanksgiving.

Have you started getting ready for Christmas?  I have already done a good bit of my shopping, mainly because I can't wait until the last minute.  Since I've become chronically ill, I need to get a good start on things.  That way, I can truly enjoy the season when it approaches.  Actually, I started on gifts back in January for this year.  Oh, I haven't wrapped anything as of yet, but I will, eventually get that started. 

I have a good start on my hand-made Christmas cards.  So far I have 28 completely finished.  Now I only have about 45 to go!!!!   I worked a little while today, but I had three loads of laundry to complete, so I was busy most of the morning. 

I truly love creating things.  I am currently crocheting scarves for each member of my family, as a Christmas gift.  Winter is coming and I want them all to stay warm while outside.  Actually, it gives me something to work on in the evenings.  It's good to keep busy and I love crocheting and hand embroidery work.  How about you?  Do you crochet, knit or do any handembroidery work?  I know it's not as popular today as it was years ago, but it's very satisfying to make something by hand.  I don't suppose many woman do any actual sewing these days.  I have to confess, that I don't use my sewing machine like I used to.  When my daughters were young, I would make them new outfits for Easter and Christmas.  I also made them little shorts and tops to wear during the summer.  I suppose that very few women, in their 30's and 40's, even have a sewing machine today.  That's so sad to me as it is extrememly satisfying for a woman to be able to create something for themselves and/or their chldren.  I wander some times if they even fix any torn out seams or hems???  I suppose a lot of men and woman just throw the piece of clothing away if it tears.  What a shame that is!

Oh well, it certainly is a different world out there today then when I was a young wife and mother.  I guess that's just the way things change from generation to generation.  But, I still think it's sad.

Do any of you out there do any crafting of Christmas gifts or decorations?  I used to love making my own decorations, but because of my illness, I do very little anymore.  I used to have my own craft business.  My husband and I would register for craft shows.  Then he'd haul all our props to the show and help me to get setup.  I did alright, but I didn't make a whole lot of money, but I did enjoy it.  Do you go to any craft shows?

Well, I do hope your week goes well for you and that things progress smoothly at work.  Be safe and God bless each of you.  I'd love hearing from you

No comments: