Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What's Shaking?

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Tuesday evening?  Well, the weather was certainly nice today.  It got up into the 70"s, but it's not going to stay that way for long.  Tomorrow it is to be back into the sixties, with dropping temperatures each day after that.  This weekend it's only to be in the 40's and down into the low 30's overnight.  Not exactly weather I like very much!

How's the weather where you live?  Whatever your temperatures are, I hope all is well with each one of you.

I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas is getting so close.  The Christmas movies start on Saturday of this week.  I can't wait.  I love watching them, even if I've seen them over and over again.  They let me with a feeling of love and contentment.  I hope to catch a few of them next week.

I've been working diligently on my hand-made Christmas cards.  I still have at least twenty five to create yet, but I'll do the very best that I can to get them finished.  I'd hate to disappoint anyone by sending them a ready made card if they are expecting a hand-made one from us. 

I am also working on putting together a book of poems.  I currently have 26 poems and I've entered about nineteen of them into the book.  I'd like to print a copy for each of my daughters to give them as a Christmas gift.  I just need to get myself on a schedule so I can finish everything without rushing to completion.

Does anyone out there have any Christmas Cactus plants in your home?  I have five of them, but only one is on the sun porch, where the temperature is cooler.  The one there, has so many buds on it, I can't believe it.  I can't help but wander if it will bloom again over Christmas.  It usually blooms three times a year:  Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas time.

I went to the eye doctor's last week and tonight they called to let me know that my glasses are ready for pick up.  I think I'm going to try to go over there tomorrow after getting my hair cut.  Both places are very close together.  We'll see how things work out tomorrow morning.

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, but to be honest with you, we give money along with one or two wrapped gifts.  Of course, I haven't done any wrapping as of yet, because I wrap the gifts in my craft room, where I am currently creating my cards.  As soon as I'm finished with the cards, Ill start on my wrapping of gifts. 

Well, tomorrow is, once again, "Hump Day".  So, all of your workers who work the Monday through Friday shifts, after tomorrow, you'll be on the short end of the week.  Yippy for you!

Take care and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: