Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Boy, is it cold out there today!

Hi all,

All I can say is if you don't have to go outside today, don't!  Here in South Central Pennsylvania it's very cold and very windy.  I wouldn't have gone out at all today, except for the fact that I had a doctors appointment this morning.  It was just with my family doctor and it was just my four month check up.  I like my doctor she takes time to just sit and talk with me about every day things.  That's nice. 

I also finished up my downstairs cleaning today.  I'm glad that's done now for awhile.  I no longer clean every week, since it doesn't get that dirty anymore.  Of course, the heat blowing during the winter makes dust, so the winter months cause the house to be dustier.   I do have a Roomba and let me say that I love it.  If it wouldn't be for it, I wouldn't still be able to do my own cleaning.  Although, I do hate cleaning, but I do like that I can still do my own house cleaning.  How about you?  Do you mind doing house cleaning or do you enjoy doing it? 

I am getting ready to do a printing of my newest book called, "My Soothing Poems from the Heart."
I'd like to give a few copies as Christmas gifts, mainly to my three daughters.  I will have it available for electronic reading at Amazon.com.  By the way, did you know that you can do electronic reading on almost any electronic gadget?  Just download the app and purchase or borrow the book you want to read.  Please check out all of my novels, booklets, children's books and self-help books while you're on Amazon.  Just enter my full name into the search block and away you go.  They make great Christmas gifts and don't cost much money.  How great is that?

How many of you who are on social security and use a Medicare approved insurance company for your health insurance?  Our current Advantage policy is going up so much in January, that I have been researching some other policies as well as other companies.  Today I called and changed to another policy, but stayed with Freedom Blue PPO.  I asked the very kind gentleman who spoke to me why our current policy (plus all of their other policies and other companies) will go up so much in cost in January.  He explained that Medicare is not paying them as much as they used to, so they have no choice but to increase the premium costs onto us.  Great!  We will still be paying more, but not as much as if we'd stay with our current policy.  It's no fun getting old,now is it?

I am so glad that I finished my hand-made Christmas greeting cards.  I feel relieved about that.  I will be happy if I get them ready to mail by the tenth of December.  When do you usually mail your Christmas cards.  I heard on the television the other day, that there is a extremely large amount of cards mailed over the Christmas holiday.  I am so glad that people today, still actually mail a personal Christmas greeting to their family and friends, instead of an E=greeting.  I still love getting personal mail, such as cards and letters.  Of course, I could do without the bills, but that goes with the territory.

Well, I need to do a few things now, so I'm going to sign off for today.  Remember tomorrow is Hump Day, so tht surely will make you happy.  Take care and God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: