Friday, November 14, 2014

Wahoo, the weekends here...

Hi all,

Well, at five o'clock today, your weekend starts.  That's good news for all of you who work a full time job.  As for me, I don't work outside the house anymore.  I've been on disability for going on nine years now, so even though I don't hold down a job outside my home, I still have some work to do.  As with all of you, I have a home that gets dirty, meals to prepare and laundry to take care of, and being chronically ill, those things are a bit hard for me. 

The reason I write this blog, novels, self help books and now poems is because I've been blessed, by God, with an ability to write, to create, to sew, to do hand embroidery, to paint, to draw, etc.  I didn't acquire these talents on my own.  God gave them to me at birth and for that, I am so thankful. 

I feel that I would be wasting what time I still have on this earth if I didn't use my talents.  I have a strong need to "give back" for all the blessings God has given to me.  If I can make someone smile when reading one of my novels, be excited about receiving one of my handmade greeting cards, or learn to save their own life after reading one of my booklets on cardiac disease, then I am doing what God wants me to do. This is very important to me!

How about you?   Have you been blessed by God?  I am sure you have, perhaps you just need to stop and think about all the good things that have happened in your life, all the things you do have.  As we prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday, all of us should be thanking God for each and every one of His blessings.  Did you wake up this morning?  Did you have enough to eat today?  Did you have a job to go to today?  Do you have a loving spouse?  Do you have children you love?  Do you have a car that runs, regardless of how it looks?  Do you have electricity in your home?  Do you have heat in your home?  Do you have ample clothes to keep you clothed and warm?  Do you have one or two people in your life that you can depend on?  Is God real to you? 

I would presume to say that for most of you, the answer to most of these questions will be, "Yes."  Obviously, if you can afford an electronic device to be reading this, you probably have all of the above things.  So, count your blessings.  Most of us don't have everything that we want in life, but we do have everything in life that we need.  Sometimes we're not looking in the right direction.  Often a person is too proud to ask for help, but that's not a good thing.  It's like the parable about the man who's home and land was hit by a flood.  He crawled onto the roof of his home and ask God to help save him.  A man in a boat came by and told him to get into the boat.  His answer was, "I'll be fine, God will save me."  Then a second person in a boat tried to rescue him and he refused once again, claiming that God would save him.  He drowned!  When he went before God the man asked  God why He didn't save him.  God replied that He did try to save him.  He sent him two boats to rescue him and he refused to help himself.

So, I suppose the moral of this story is that God helps those who help themselves.  There are so many organizations that will help a person in trouble.  But, that person needs to ask for the help and put their pride aside.

Believe me, I don't have a lot of money, a fabulous home, a fancy new automobile or any of those things, but I am rich.  I am rich in God's love and blessings and that's why I'm content and happy with my life.  May God help each of you to see how much you are blessed!

Be safe and God bless you all.
Susan


Here are two of God's blessings!





















No comments: