Thursday, November 6, 2014

I'm finally finished!

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this Thursday evening?  I am a bit tired, but I'm doing okay.  I finally finished up creating my handmade Christmas cards; final total is 87.  It took me quit a while, but I'm pleased with all of them.  I hope that everyone who receives one of them will enjoy it.  I have to create some "all occasion" cards, but I doubt that I'll get any started before January. 

Have you done anything in preparation for the holiday season?  If your answer is 'no', then I would suggest that you get a move on.  The best way to handle this time of year, is to start your shopping right after the first of the new year.  It works really well for me.  I'm almost finished with my gifts, except for one or two more for my husband.  Yesterday I started doing some of my wrapping.  I didn't get too far along, but that's okay.  I'll get it done in plenty of time.

My idea is this:  If I have all the preparations done by the second week in December, I can then sit back and just enjoy the last two weeks before Christmas Eve.  We usually decorate around the third weekend of November.  I love seeing all the Christmas decorations in my home.  It just makes me so very happy.  How about you?

Both the Hallmark channels started running Christmas movies since the first of November.  I've watched a few of them.  I get such a sense of contentment just watching them every year.  Right now the movie, Christmas in Connecticut from 1945 is on the Hallmark Movie Channel.  Have you ever watched this movie?  I have seen it once or twice before but it's such a good movie.  Of course, it's in black and white and stars Barbara Stanwyck an Dennis Morgan.  I'm used to seeing Barbara Stanwyck on "The Big Valley" and she is so much younger in this movie. 

Do you run from store to store doing your shopping for Christmas or do you do your shopping online?  I used to run from store to store, but after becoming ill almost 9 years ago, I now do my shopping online.  It's so much easier and I get some great buys.  I realize that I have to pay the shipping on my purchases, but a lot of times the shipping is free.  And, I do save my gas money by not driving all over the place. 

Today was my grocery shopping day.  Usually my husband goes along with me, but he couldn't today.  He lifts all the bags of food into the car and brings them into the house when we get home.  You see, that part is very hard for me as I can't lift my weight. So, I did all the lifting on my own.  Until I got everything put away,  I was exhausted to say the least.  I've been tired ever since.  I suppose I won't feel any better until tomorrow morning when I wake up. 

I'd like to take a few moments to speak to all you women out there.  Did you know that the number one killer of women in the US today is heart disease?  So many women in their mid to late forties start having heart issues in their forties.  Unfortunately, most women think that the symptoms of a heart attract in women is the same as it is for a man.  Unfortunately, it is not!  In women, they often experience pain or discomfort across their shoulders and in the neck area.  They rarely have chest pain.  So many women just shrug it off as stress.  Please, stop just thinking that it is stress and take it seriously.  It just could save your life!  Also, many women think that heart disease doesn't hit until later in life.  That's just so untrue.  If you are having any discomfort across your shoulders or in your neck, take it seriously.  You have nothing to lose but everything to gain.  You can check out my booklet on Heart Disease both on this blog and at Amazon.com. 

I will soon be ready to have my book of poems published.  It's called "Soothing Poems from the Heart."  I'm very excited about this book as it will be my very first book of poetry.  I've so enjoyed writing these poems.  I'm sure I will write some more when I get the time.

Here's what the cover looks like.


Well, you have one more work day this week and then you'll get two days off to relax.  I hope you will use a little bit of that time preparing for the holidays.  Stay safe and God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: