Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm slowly getting there....

Hi all,

Now that the weekend is over, maybe I can get back to working on my manuscript.  Last evening, my Red Hat group had a get-to-gather in one of our homes.  We each brought a covered dish and I must say that everything was so delicious.  The main meal was yummy and for dessert we had chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and a freshly made apple pie.  Of course, when it was over, the pie was gone.  I made a combination of zuchinni, yellow squash, onions w/seasonings, corn, salsa and sharp shredded cheese, which I baked.  It was very good.  I had a large casserole and we had a little bit left.   So, we finished it off for dinner tonight, along with a baked potato and Italian sausage.  I'm not a big sausage eater but I do like a little link of the Italian kind once and a while.

I need to "proof" my manuscript for the second time soon.  Today I finished up the front and back covers.  I also did two loads of laundry this morning and started cleaning my upstairs.  Tomorrow I'll see if I can finish up the cleaning, but I'm not sure I will have enough time.  I am picking up one of my Grandsons and taking him to a doctor's appointment, then returning him back to school.  Usually, my husband will help my daughter when my grandson has an appointment, but he will be golfing tomorrow with his boss and another of our Grandsons.  This Grandson works at a bank and since tomorrow is a bank holiday, he will be free to join the "old guys."

I'm also trying to wrap Christmas gifts and finish up any gifts that I still need to purchase.  I'm sure many of you are saying, "What's the rush!"  But, I have to tell you that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and then Christmas will be soon upon us.  My goal is to have everything done two weeks before Christmas, then I can truly relax and enjoy the holidays.  Of course, there will always be a few last minute things that I will need to do but that can't be helped, now can it?

What about you?  Have you been preparing for the holidays in any way?  I don't want to minimize Thanksgiving, but I don't have a lot of preparation for that holiday.  We go to my youngest daughter and her husband's home for Thanksgiving.  They prepare the turkey and filling and we all bring a covered dish and/or a dessert to share.  Believe me, there's always plenty of food to stuff yourself with.  I really enjoy Thanksgiving because I am so very thankful to God for all the many blessings He has bestowed upon me every single day of my life.  What are your Thanksgiving plans?  I hope that you have family close by to spend the day with and if not, then I hope you have good friends who include you into their families.

How's the weather where you live?  Yesterday and today, it's been in the low sixties here, but I understand that by Wednesday, the temps will be falling down and by Sunday, they said we may have a few snow flurries.  What's up with that?  Maybe we need a good "freeze" to kill some of the allergy producing grasses and trees outside.  What do you think?

Well, tomorrow is Tuesday and only the second day of your work week, but try to keep a good attitude and frame of mind.  We've all gone through our tough days at work, and usually they only last for one day.  Stay safe and may God bless each one of you.
Susan

No comments: