Monday, November 24, 2014

What do you give thanks for?

Hi all,

We all have so very much to be thankful to God for.  The problem is that so many of us don't see all the blessings we've been given.  We only see the disappointments, the failures, the hurts and the pain in our lives.  Believe me when I say, that there are always people who are much worse off than we are. 

What I've learned over the past four or five years is that when we make up our minds to live every day of our lives giving gratitude and acceptance to God.  Give gratitude for everything you do have and just accept your life the way it is at the present time. 

So many people go through their lives always wanting and needing more, more of everything:  money, a fancy house,  a new fancy car, a perfect job, always to be right and I could go on and on.
But, I won't.  I'm sure that you get the idea!  Those people are never satisfied with what they have.  They think that more money and fancy things will make them happy, but they are so wrong. 

The way to be truly happy is simply to be grateful and acceptance of what you do have.  Happiness comes from  he inside, not the outside.  It's too bad that so many people don't realize that.  They go all through their lives wondering why they are never happy with anything in their lives.  It's truly so sad because the answer is so simple.  Stop wanting more and be happy and thankful for what you do have!

With Thanksgiving just a few short days away, I hope that all of you will take some time to think about all the blessings in your life.  Make a list for yourself and I believe you will be so surprised with what you end up with on the list.  Do you have clothes to wear; a coat to keep you warm; bread and peanut butter for a sandwich; a family you love; a car that will get you where you need to go; at least one good friend; and I could go on and on.  You get the picture?

I wish for each of you to have a blessed Thanksgiving, hopefully with someone you love.  It doesn't matter whether you have turkey and filling or a burger and fries.  It's about being with someone you love and who loves you also.  What you eat isnt' important. 

My husband and I will be fortunate enough to be with family as we celebrate Thanksgiving day.  For that alone, I am truly blessed.  I love my family and I am so very proud of each and every one of them, from the oldest to the youngest. 

To put it simply:  I live every day of my life with chronic congestive heart failure and other illnesses also.  I live a very sedentary lifestyle because of my illnesses.  My whole life, as I knew it, changed almost nine years ago when I almost died. 

I just have a new life style now as I live with my disease.  I live every day giving praise and honor to my God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me every day of my life.  So, for all these things, I will be thankful not just on Thanksgiving Day but every day that I live on this earth.

May you have peace in your life, be safe and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with those you love.
Susan

Here's a picture of one of my Christmas Cactus plants. 



















No comments: