Sunday, June 7, 2015

Happy Sunday!

Hi everyone,
I hope your Sunday was a very nice one.  The weather here was a bit cloudy and cool, at least I thought it was cool.  I'm sure some would say it wasn't.  We spent time today with a group of friends at church.  Our service was outside, which was nice, except for two birds that were trying to rebuild their nest on a light in the pavilion.  They were a bit annoying, to say the least.  They kept making a lot of noise and flying down towards us.  Oh well, they're God's creatures too!  Maybe they just wanted to hear the sermon

!

What did you and your family do today?  I hope it started out with some sort of church service.   It certainly wasn't too nice of a day for a picnic, but I hope you had some fun with your family and friends. 

My husband and I attended a birthday party for a little boy, who's very close to us, who was just turning ten years old on Friday.  His father is very ill and I was so glad that he got to celebrate his birthday with his son.  It's a very sad situation, but I know God has plans for both this father and his son.  The little boy's mom is making her husband's life as comfortable as possible, which is about all she can do now.  I'm so glad we met the three of them in April of last year.  They've enriched our lives with joy and humility. 

I so need to get back on my manuscript this week.  I've been quite busy but this is so important to me, so I just need to make the time.  Tomorrow I have a viewing to attend.  One of my cousins passed away the end of last week.  She's been sick for some time, so I'm glad she's not suffering any longer.  We were never very close, but I did get to see her a few times in the past two or three years, so I'm happy about that.

This is the cover of my new novel. 

I can hardly believe that it's already June 7.  We're almost half way through 2015, and it seems like it just started a few weeks ago.  Where does the time go to? 

I'm still working on my hand embroidery work every chance I get.  I love embroidering while I watch television.  It's just so relaxing to me.  Have you ever done any hand embroidery?  If not, you should try it soon.  It's so satisfying when I complete a project.  I'm already on my way with quite a few Christmas gifts, which are all hand made.

I thank God so much for blessing me with this creative ability.  Since I am chronically ill, and live a very sedentary lifestyle, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my ability of create things.  If you haven't had a chance to check out all my fiction novels (adult and children) or my self help or learning booklets, please do so soon.  You can purchase any of them for any electronic reader by going to:  www.amazon.com and entering my full name (Susan Lapp Mellott) into the search block.  Did you know that you can also just borrow the books?  It's called The Lending Library from Kindle.  You can read electronically, on almost any electronic device.  You don't need to have a Kindle or a Nook to read electronic books.  Just some food for thought.

I know tomorrow is the first work day of the week, for most of you.  I also remember how busy Monday's used to be for me, when I worked.  The good thing about that, was that the day just seemed to fly by.  I hope you all have a good day tomorrow and that the remainder of your weekend is filled with something fun to do, or something just relaxing for you.

Be safe and God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: