Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Oh, It is so pleasant outside!

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Wednesday evening?  I hope all of you are well and perhaps able to get out of doors this evening.  The temperature here is around eighty degrees but the humidity has dropped a down to in the fifties.  What's it like in your part of the world?

I am so excited to tell everyone that I'm finally on my last chapter in my current manuscript.  It's so exciting for me.  As I've said before, I stepped "out of the box" on this novel.  Most of the novels and booklets I write come from the heart and are about family and friends, but this one is different.  It is about a twenty year old cold case, regarding the disappearance of an eight year old little girl from Squirrel Island, off the coast of Maine.  It's been a joy to write and come up with all the research I needed to do, but it's finally about to pay off for me.  Oh, I don't mean in currency, but rather in a sense of self-esteem.  That means a lot to me at this stage in my life.

I recently had a birthday and I turned the good old age of sixty-seven years old.  I count my blessings every day and as each year passes and I turn another year older, I give thanks to God for His allowing me to still be alive.  Living with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, plus other heart problems, has not allowed me to be very active, but I'm not complaining; not one little bit!  I feel blessed to still be alive for another year.  I suppose being close to death over nine years ago, will do that to a person. 

We are about to get a new air conditioning unit installed at our home.  The current one is well over twenty years old and we're just thankful that it is still running.  I hope this new one will be more cost efficient for us.  We replaced our furnace back in 2012 and that has proven to be more efficient cost wise.  I'm thankful for our daughter helping us to get these two units at a good cost. 

Well, I started to sew my hand embroidered squares onto my quilt today.  I have two rows of five per row sewed on.  I only did the first two rows because after I took the time to hand pin those into place, my back was killing me.  I sewed them on the sewing machine and will now, by hand, do a blanket stitch around each one.  I realized today that I am short three squares, so now I need to get busy embroidering those.  It probably won't be done to use this summer, but hopefully I'll still be alive to enjoy it next summer.  If not, it can be passed on to one of my daughters.  I'm also working on some hand embroidery projects for Christmas gifts for my family.  I taught my best friend to do hand embroidery and since she's been in the hospital and now rehab for the past two weeks, I prepared a square for her to embroider, along with a hoop, a needle and some floss.  She loved it and she told me that she hasn't even been reading her book, but instead just working on her embroidery.  I hope she finds it as relaxing as I do.  When I get a bit further along with the bedspread, I'll take a picture and show it to you all.

Last evening, after the terrible storms that passed through South Central Pennsylvania, we had the most beautiful of skies I've seen around here for many years.  I walked out into the kitchen and through the window on the door and the other windows, it seemed like the sun porch was a glow in a orange color.  I walked out there and looked out through the closed blinds.  The evening sky was just gorgeous.  I then called for my husband to come out to see the beauty.  He said I should go upstairs and look out the window, that I'd see more of the sky and could take a picture.  I finished what I was doing in the kitchen and about six minutes later I went on up stairs.  I looked out the window and by then, it was starting to get dark and the beauty was disappearing.  I'm so glad I went out in the kitchen when I did. 

Take care of yourselves and God bless you.
Susan

No comments: