Monday, June 29, 2015

What's important in your life?

Hello to you all,

I just finished praying, in song form, The Divine Mercy Chaplet.  I'm sure that for many of you, you have no idea what that is.  Well, don't feel bad, because up until about four or so years ago, I didn't either.  Let me say that it is a Catholic practice and I am a Catholic.  Here is a photograph of the Divine Mercy Image that Jesus showed to St. Faustina and told her to share with the world.















But, I don't really think it's just about what religion you are.  It's more about how much faith in God you have, as well as how much faith you have in The Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ.  I can honestly say that my faith is now stronger than it's been throughout my entire life.  Maybe that's because I'm 67 years old, but I also think that the fact that I have lived with heart disease all of my life, is some of the reason.  Being chronically ill and knowing that your life's expectancy isn't for a long, long life, makes you stop and consider everything that's going on in your life.

When the Supreme Court made it's decision regarding Gays and Lesbians having the right to legally marry here in the United Sates, I was elated.  It has been medically proven that your sexual choice is not a choice.  You are born either straight, gay, lesbian or transgender.  This is through no fault of your own.  It happened en-vitro, just like babies are born with debilitating diseases or with organs on the outside of their bodies.  Everyone feels sad for these children, but most people don't feel sad or sorry for those who are born with different sexual preferences.  Why is that??  Since I've been freely giving my opinion of that subject lately, I feel it's time to speak out about God's wonderful Divine Mercy.

For those of you who don't know anything about Divine Mercy, it came to be told to us through a Polish Nun who died in 1938.  Her name was Maria Faustina Kowalski.  She was a bit of a mystic.  Jesus chose to speak to her about His Divine Mercy, sharing with her that He wanted all His children to open their hearts up to receive His Mercy.

Why do we need this mercy?  Pope John Paul ll explained it best.  We have all kinds of blessings in our contemporary society.  Modern technology has done so much to  make life easier for all of us.  Just think of e-mail, cell phones, texting, smartphones, fast cars, trains that travel across the country, air travel, heating units and air conditioning units.  Yet in the midst of these blessings and maybe because of them, evil has a reach and a power like never before in our society. 

We celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday on the Sunday after Easter.  Divine Mercy Sunday existed way before St. Faustina.  The trouble was no one knew anything about the feast of Divine Mercy.  Thanks to St. Faustina, we now are spreading the word about the power of Jesus' Divine mercy. 

Jesus appeared before St. Faustina many, many times, speaking to her about His Divine Mercy.  She wrote down everything that Jesus shared with her into several diaries.  He promised many things to those who prayed The Divine Mercy Chaplet, especially in the three o'clock hour, on any day.  It was during the three o'clock hour that Jesus died on the cross at Calvary. 

One of the things He shared with her was:  "When this chaplet is said by the bedside of a dying person, unfathomable mercy envelops the soul, and the very depths of My tender mercy are moved for the sake of the sorrowful Passion of My Son." 

Another thing He told her was:  "Say unceasingly the chaplet that I have taught you.  Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death.  Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy."

Jesus promised many other things to anyone who says or sings the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  I can tell you that since I've come to know and love the Chaplet, my life has become content, even with my chronic illness.  I except things just the way they are and I ask for little anymore.

If you want to know more about the Chaplet or St. Faustina, you can do a search online and you will see that up in Stockbridge, Mass., they have the Divine Mercy shrine and the most beautiful grounds you will ever want to see.  On Divine Mercy Sunday, they host a Mass and have over 4,000 people in attendance.  It is outside in whatever weather God gives them.  They sit or stand for hours in order to participate in the Mass on Divine Mercy Sunday.  It's truly an amazing thing to see. 

I just wanted to share this with everyone who follows my blog.  It's become extremely important to me and I hope it will for you, as well.  May God bless and keep you, always.
Susan 

No comments: