Saturday, June 27, 2015

What a yucky Saturday, weatherwise....

Hi all,

I don't know what the weather is in your neck of the woods, but here in South Central Pennsylvania, it's been raining pretty much all day long.  Some times it was just a drizzle and other times it rained rather hard.  Although I don't think we got quite as much as they were saying we might have.  I'm glad.

What was on your schedule for this Saturday?  Maybe, like me, it was just a stay indoors day, doing sit down activities.  I started to proof read my manuscript this morning.  I've be reading out loud and slowly, so that I can take in every single word.  You have no idea how hard that is for me.  I'm going along nice and slow and then next thing I know I've sped up on my reading.  You should try it some time just to realize how hard it is to proof read a book.  I love the writing stage but not so much the proofing stage.

So what have you been doing that is creative?  I know you've been doing something that would be considered artsy.  Even cooking and baking can be very creative.  I know many of you women out there cook or bake just about every day.  I'm also sure that you've tried new recipes and even added a few extra things on your own.  That is being creative.!

Many of you men out there are also doing creative things.  Do you take care of your lawn and are you particular about the way you do it.  I know that many men are fussy about their lawns and flower beds.  Hey, that's being creative!

My best friend was to get out of the rehabilitation hospital today.  I haven't heard anything from her as of yet.  I hope everything went well for her coming home.  She's been either in the hospital or rehab for just about three weeks now.  She just wanted to go home and I don't blame her one bit.  You know what Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz taught all of us:  There's no place like home!

I worked on my bedspread today.  I started blanket stitching around the blocks today.  Well, actually I only got one finished, but I also did some other embroidery work.  I'm not in any hurry to complete the embroidery bedspread.  It will be for summer so if I have it completed by next summer, that's okay with me.  That will give me something to work on this coming winter.

I hope your weekend is going well, even if it's raining where you are.  Have a wonderful Sunday and don't forget to give God praise for all the blessings He's given to you.  If you want to live a more content and happy lifestyle, start living every day practicing Gratitude and Acceptance.  We all have so many blessings in our lives even if we are suffering from a disease.  Take care!

Here's a photo of the block I hand stitched onto the bedspread today.










No comments: