Tuesday, June 16, 2015

How's your Tuesday going thus far?

Hi all,

How's the weather where you are?  It's hot and humid here in South-Central PA.  If you haven't read before, that I hate this hot and very humid weather, let me say it once again:  I hate this hot and humid weather. 

I used to love this weather, but that was before I became ill and the heat and humidity made breathing very hard for me.  I stay out of the sun, mostly because I've had non-malignant spots removed from my face and neck areas.  But mostly, it's because of the breathing problem.  It's a small price to pay for staying alive for as long as I can.  That is what's most important to me.

Well, I have to tell you all that I am almost finished writing my new novel.  I have a few closing pages to come up with yet, but that shouldn't take me too long.  I have to tell you that today, after I solved the cold case (in the book), I felt a little sad and happy at the same time.  The three main characters in the novel were feeling that same way.  They were happy to finally be able to give the family of the little girl some closure about what happened to her twenty years earlier.  After completion, I will start on the proof reading.  That is so hard for me, mostly because I tend to read very quickly and you can not do that when you are proofing a manuscript.  I am excited about the cover because for this novel, because the photograph I'm using was taken by one of my Grandsons and the person in the photograph is another of my Grandsons.  One, obviously is in to photography, and the other is now a Junior in college and writing and singing his own Rap music. 

I have six Grandsons all together.  I have to take a few minutes to brag about all six of them.  They range in age from eighteen to twenty-four years old.  The youngest will be a Senior in high school.  He's the last one in high school.  One will be a Freshman in college, one will be a Junior in college and one will be graduating from college in another month or so.  The other two have full time jobs.  I am so proud of the strong, respectful men they have become.  Their Moms are my three daughters.

So, what have you been up to that takes some creative ability?  I'm giving a ten year old boy some lessons in drawing with just pencils.  He's very impatient, because he wants to color everything in with either crayons or paints.  I've tried explaining to him that if he can draw an object that looks exactly like the sample does, only using a pencil, then when he uses paints, it will be much easier.  If you can draw an object with a pencil, adding all the shades, folds, shadows, etc., then using colors will be easy for you.  I realize that a ten year old child doesn't have a lot of patience, so we'll see how far we get with these lessons. 

It seems that lately, so many of my friends are having health problems.  I realize that when you get older, these things happen, but it does make me sad.  Everyone calls it the "Golden Years", but I for one don't see much 'golden' about them.  Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that God has allowed me to still be alive.  I am content with my life style just the way it is, which is very sedentary to say the least. 

Here's a picture of the front cover of my new book.




Remember that tomorrow is Hump Day, so that's a good thing for all you working out there.
Be safe and God bless each of you.
Susan







No comments: