Thursday, June 11, 2015

Happy Thursday to Ya All!

How's everyone doing this evening?  Boy was it hot and humid outside today and it's to remain that way tomorrow and Saturday.  They're saying perhaps a bit less humid and hot on Sunday.  Next week looks somewhat better, at least the temps aren't to be so high and the humidity is to be a little lower.  I suppose that for many of you, you love this type of weather.  It certainly is good swimming weather, but I don't go swimming any longer and with my Congestive Heart Failure, the high temperatures and mostly the high humidity doesn't allow me to be able to breathe when I'm outside.  So, for me, I stay inside most of the summer months.  I'm not complaining, I'm just telling you like it is. 

Well, tomorrow is Friday and the last work day of the week.  So, that's at least good news for the majority of you.  I know that a good many of you probably may have jobs that require you to work over the weekends. 

I saw a post on Facebook today, saying that Christmas Eve is 28 weeks away.  I for one, can't wait.  that is, by far, my very favorite time of the year.  So many folks have so much kindness and good will during the Christmas season, and I just pray that some day, it will be that way all year through.  I already have some of my Christmas gifts, as they are handmade. 

I spent some time this week working on my manuscript, but not as much time as I'd have liked to.  I really do not know where the time goes these days, but it surely does fly on by for me.  This morning I went grocery shopping and that's one of the hardest chores that I do.  Usually my husband goes with me, but he couldn't today, so I went alone.  He was able to carry the bags in for me when I got home.  By the time I put everything away, I was pretty tired.  Then I made some homemade potato salad for the weekend.  I didn't feel like making dinner tonight, so we just fixed ourselves whatever we wanted. 

Next week I plan on spending more time working on my manuscript.  It's almost finished, and I'm getting anxious.  I have been working daily on my hand embroidery though.  It's so relaxing for me to watch television and embroider.  I also am going to be teaching a ten year old boy how to draw using just pencils.  I keep thinking that one of these days I'll start another drawing of my own, but the days just slip on by without me starting one. 

I have been spending about an hour each afternoon giving praise to God through music.  I sing some of my very favorite Christian hymns and then at three o'clock, I sing the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  It is suggested that you either recite or sing it at the three o'clock hour, because that's about the time of Jesus Christ's death on the cross.  I keep praying for Jesus to pour forth His Divine Mercy upon all of us, but particularly on my family, friends and those who are ill and dying.  I have so much faith in what Jesus promised to St. Faustina regarding the recitation or singing of the Chaplet.  We all need His mercy to flow freely within us. 

Well, what's on your schedule for the weekend?  Anything special?  Well, whatever you do, be safe and if you mind the heat, stay indoors.  Don't endanger your health, just to be outside with your friends.  It's truly not worth killing yourself or causing permanent damage to your heart or lungs.  Have a good weekend and be safe.
Susan




What a beautiful sunrise out over the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments: