Monday, July 27, 2015

Are you Monday Moody or Monday Magic?

Hi all,

I was just wandering how your Monday was going?  Are you in a good mood or have you had a bad day.  Although I no longer work outside my home, I do remember how it was when I did.  Monday's were always the most hectic day of the week.  The only good part of that was that they passed very quickly.  So, I'll ask again, "How is your Monday going?" 

If your answer is of the negative response, then I will say to you the following, "It's almost over, so relax and try to get a good nights sleep."

I didn't get to work on my proof reading today, because my Sister, Carol, came in to spend time with me.  She lives in North Carolina and is here in PA visiting.  She's staying with our Brother, Greg and his wife, but she comes in to see me two or three times during the week.  About two weeks ago I taught her how to do hand embroidery.  She caught on quite quickly, even though she says she's not crafty.  She's done cross stitch for years now and she does beautiful work.  So my question to her was,  "Why wouldn't you be able to do hand embroidery, when you do cross stitch?"  I'm helping her to make some Christmas gifts for her family members.  Money is tight for her but she still wants to have something to give to all of them.  I hope they appreciate all the hard work she's been doing to create something fun and pretty for them.

I'm still working on my bedspread.  I now have thirteen squares onto the base, permanently, and seven more attached but not blanket stitched around the edges.  When I finish those seven, I will still have two rows of five each more to do.  It's a little unhandy when I'm trying to hand stitch the squares to the base because it's in a queen size spread.  Oh well, I'm sure I will love it when I finally complete it.  I'm not in any hurry.  In the meantime, I'm working on some towels for Christmas gifts and I'm even going to do a couple for myself.  Here's the one I just finished.

That one took me forever because of all the small details in it, but I like way it turned out. 

Can you believe that it's almost the end of July?  August is just around the corner and it's coming fast.  It won't be long before the schools will be back in session once again.  It has been a bit of a hot and humid summer, at least at times.  I'm not complaining, just making a statement.  Although I will say that I am ready for a little cooler weather, say low 70's for a high during the day and perhaps it going down into the upper 50's over night.  That's my kind of weather!  How about you?

I hope that I can get back onto my proof reading again tomorrow.  I haven't decided exactly when I'm going to send it to the printers, perhaps not until the end of September.  I will give some copies as Christmas gifts, at least to my daughters.

Enjoy how ever much time you still have left of your Monday.  Be safe and give thanks always.
Susan

No comments: