Monday, July 6, 2015

How's your Monday going thus far?

Hi everyone,
Well Monday will soon be over here in South Central Pa.  It's been very humid here all day, so of course, I've been indoors all day in the air conditioning.  How about you?  I hear that we're to have some storms on most of the days this week.  That usually means hot and humid weather.

I've shared with you all in the past that one of our friends has cancer.  Well, he isn't doing well and they believe he is coming to the end of his life.  My husband and I care very much for this man, his wife and his young son.  It's very hard to watch a man in his forties dying from cancer.  It almost seems unfair to me, sometimes, since I am still living at sixty seven years of age.  Even though I've been chronically ill for over nine years now. 

I am asking any of you out there, who have faith in God, to please say a prayer for this family.  I believe so much in the power of prayer.  I know that this man is a good and loving man and that God will take good care of him upon his death.  I also know that his wife and ten year old son will have a hard time getting on with their lives, but with God's help, they will do just that.  So, I thank you for your prayers.

We recently had to purchase a new central air conditioning unit for our home.  We got a good deal and it's working very well.  I am very thankful for that fact, as I can't stay in our home during the summer months without the air conditioning.  The humidity causes me to not be able to breath and my chest tightens up.  So, it would mean I would have to go to a hotel to stay until we would have air once again. 

I am finished with my manuscript and have started doing the proof reading.  I have to read each work out loud in order to actually see each word and every letter.  That's very hard for me to do, but it's going pretty good thus far.  I will have to do the proofing at least two times to make sure I catch any mistakes in the script.  I am very anxious to have this one published because it is a bit different type of manuscript for my novels.  It concerns a twenty year old cold case regarding an eight year old girl.

What have you been up to lately?  Have you been doing anything creative?  I hope you have.  It's one way of giving you self esteem and we all need that.  Make a fancy dessert for dinner tomorrow evening.  Your family will love it and it will give you a chance to use your creative abilities.  For you men who don't cook, how about going out in the yard and weeding your flower beds so they look spectacular.  That's also creative and your wife will love you for doing it.  There are so many ways of doing something creative.  Just think outside of the box!

I hope your Monday was a good one and if it wasn't, say a prayer for a better day for tomorrow.  Be safe and may God bless each one of you.
Susan
Here's a photograph of my geranium which I brough indoors last fall and just left it on our sunporch.  I cut it way back and it just came back beautifully.  It now has three blooms on it and I am just going to let it on the sunporch because I'm afraid that it won't do so well if I put it outside.













No comments: