Monday, July 13, 2015

How's your Monday going?

Hi all,

How's your first work day of the week going?  Mine is going okay, but I've been a bit 'out of it' for the last few days.  I suppose it's because I lost a very close friend last Thursday.  I am happy that he's not in any more pain and is not suffering anymore, but I still miss him.  It saddens me that I'll never be able to see his face again or sit down and have a conversation with him.  But, I am glad that he's in a better place now.

I've been working on my hand embroidery work ever since the beginning of the year.  I love to sit in front of the television and hand embroider.  I am still working on my summer bedspread.  I have all thirty of the squares made and I now have six of them embroidered with a blanket stitch to the spread.  As I've said before, I will definitely have it completed by next summer, which is okay with me.  I'm also working on hand embroidering designs on kitchen towels and matching dish rags.  I'm also embroidering their last name onto the towels and dish rags.  I like to stay busy.

I did manage to get the best part of an hour in today on the proof reading of my manuscript.  It's going slowly but I'm not really in any big hurry to have it published.  I'm trying to remember that all things happen in God's time, not mine. 

What are all of you up to this week?  I hope you are putting some time aside to do something creative.  As I've said before, creativity comes in many forms.  Such as:  the permanent campers in a campground are preparing all of the food for my friend's memorial service this week.  That takes creativity, especially since they have no idea how many people will show up.  I'm just glad I am not the one in charge of that endeavor!

Well, today's blog will be a short one, as I have a few more things to do yet today.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and had some fun, too!  Please stay safe and put all your troubles in God's hands.  He can and will handle them better than you!
Susan

No comments: