Thursday, July 23, 2015

Today is Throw Back Thursday!

Hi all,

Have you ever heard of "Throw Back Thursday"?  Well, if not, it's simply a good day to remind all your friends and family of something that happened many years ago. 

Here's one from me:  Does anyone out there remember the terrible snow storm we had back in January of 1996, here in the York County Area of Pennsylvania?  I remember it so very well.  I suppose that for me, it's a day I will always remember because on that day, my beloved Mom needed to be taken to a hospital because she was very ill.  My parents lived in a development called Kendale, and the ambulance couldn't get into the area because of the deep snow covered roads.  So, they called the local fire company and they sent a hook and ladder truck out to the development.  The firemen wrapped my Mom in warm blankets on a stretcher and hooked her fast onto the top of the ladders.  They then took her out of the development to meet the waiting ambulance, who then took her to the York Hospital.  She was later diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and past away in October of that year. 

Now on a happier note, I remember the date of September 17, 1968, because it's the day my oldest daughter was born.  Yeah, she's now going on forty-seven years old.  I'm sure if she reads this, she'll say, "Thanks Mom, for telling the whole world how old I will be in two months."  Oh well all I can say is:  "It is a wonderful memory for me!"

It's now been two weeks since a very close friend of our passed away.  I can't tell you how much my husband and I both miss him.  Things have been hard for his wife and young son, but I know that given time, they will both be okay.  Does one ever get over the death of a loved one?  I believe the answer to that question is "no", but time does heal all sorrows.

I finished proof reading my newest novel for the first time.  Now I need to start the second reading to see if I can catch any other mistakes, both in spelling and grammatically.  Using the spell check and grammar check helps, but not all the time.

My poor husband has been working so very hard for the past two weeks.  He's covering for one of the sons who has been on vacation.  We are both so very glad that starting Monday, perhaps things will go back to the way they were.  He's only to be working about 16 hours per week. 

Here's the cover to my new novel.  The young man on the cover is one of my Grandsons and another of them, took the photo shoot.  I'm so proud of all six of my Grandsons.

No comments: