Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Easter!

Hi all,

Easter is just around the corner, so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish each of you a Happy Easter.  Easter is certainly a religious occasion first, but for all of you who have young children, it's also an occasion for a visit from the Easter Bunny! 

How well I remember those days, although they were many, many years ago, what with all three of my daughters in their forties now.  Of course, we also did the egg hunts and such, with the Grandsons, but even that was many years ago, as my youngest Grandson is almost 19 years old. 

In some ways, I miss those days, but at my age, I guess I'd rather just celebrate the religious side of Easter and not have to go to all the fuss with the Easter Bunny.  My husband and I are celebrating Sunday with my family, which is always very enjoyable to me.  How about you?  What are your plans for Easter day?  Whatever you do, please be safe and remember to celebrate Jesus' rising from the dead and entering into heaven.  You know He suffered and died on that cross so we could have eternal life with Him.  What better way could He have shown us His greatest mercy and love.

Well, have you been doing anything creative lately?  I'm finishing up my hand embroidery projects this evening and them I am going to start some crocheting.  I will be giving these creations for Christmas gifts.  I assume that I'll go back to the embroidery work in a month or so. 

I have to keep myself busy while I'm watching television, so I go from one project to another.  I can't tell you how much creating something for someone else, relaxes me and helps me to feel good about myself.  It's important that we all feel good about ourselves, in small ways, and creating something for another person will surely give you that feeling.

It's hard to believe that a week from today will be April 1.  It seems like we just started the new year and we're already almost three months through it.  Time goes by so quickly now that I'm older.  That seems weird because I was busier years ago than now.  Do you think time passes faster the older you get? 

I visited my friend today, who is in a nursing home.  Things appear to be going a bit better for her now, but it seems to change from week to week.  I'm doing what I can for her, but it seems like so little.  I took her some night shirts for sleeping and some other articles of clothes.  I also took her a pair of slippers and she loved them most of all.  It was so nice to see that smile on her face when I helped her to put them on.  I pray for her every day.

Have a good Saturday and a wonderful and peaceful Easter Sunday.  May God bless each of you and keep you and your families safe.  Happy Easter!
Susan


No comments: