Monday, March 21, 2016

It's the start of another week...

Hi everyone,
How are all of you doing this evening?  I hope all is well with all of you.  It was a quiet weekend for me, which was okay with me.  I did enjoy attending Mass yesterday, since it was Palm Sunday.  It's hard for me to realize that next Sunday is Easter Sunday already. 

Of course, I don't have any little ones any longer, so I don't do the Easter baskets or new Easter outfits anymore.  When my three girls were young, I'd sew each of them a new dress and also one for myself.  Those days are long gone now.  I do a have a little gift for each of my Grandsons and their significant others, but no candy.  They can buy their own candy if they want some.

Just last evening, I was wandering if I'd live long enough to get to meet my first Great Grandchild.  I hope so, but I'm not rushing any of my Grandsons into fatherhood.  My husband has Great Grandchildren, but they live on the West Coast, so we aren't able to hold them or spoil them.  Oh well,  if I do, it's good and if I don't, I won't!

What are your plans for Easter Day?  I'm sure many of you with young kids will have an Easter egg hunt for them, or perhaps people don't do that anymore.  So many of the traditions we did when we were young,  aren't done any longer.  That makes me very sad.  We had Easter Egg hunts for my girls even into their teens.  Their boyfriends said they weren't going to hung eggs.  But, after they found out that the eggs were plastic and had money inside of them, they changed their minds.  Funny how when you introduce cash into the hunt, they suddenly like the idea!  I sometimes miss the old days.

I'm still working on my hand embroidered Christmas gift bags, but I'll soon have them completed.  Then it will be on to something else, but I'm not sure just what, yet.  I'll let you know as soon as I know.  I'm still considering starting another novel, but that's as far as I've gotten right now. 

Have you done anything creative for Easter?  I imagine that many of you will soon get started working in your flower beds and gardens.  You know that is a very good way to show your creativity.  So, give it a try and let your creativity soar, and then tell me about it.

I'm sure many of you have a short work week this week, so be thankful for that.  Enjoy yourself and your family this weekend.  Be safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan



No comments: