Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What can you do?

Hi all,

I hope your Wednesday, Hump Day, is going well.  Mine is just dandy!  Well, it's pretty much like any other day for me, but I'm not complaining.

I chose today's title because I'm sure that most of us wonder, from time to time, what we can do to make this world a better place for all people to live.  I know that on the big scale, there isn't much we, as individuals, can do, especially if you're a senior citizen like me.  But, there are many small things that we can accomplish to make life easier, or happier, or more loving, for other folks.

Firstly, putting a smile on our faces surely may just brighten up another persons day.  Also, when we see someone, we could smile and say, "Hello, how are you doing?"  In some cases, your words of kindness just may be the only kind words that person hears all day long. 

As I've shared with you all before, I am visiting, once a week, a friend who is in a nursing home.  I am happy to say that she is improving, emotionally, a little bit each week I visit her.  I'm not patting myself on the back, I just care about her and I want her to be as happy as she is capable of becoming.
She and I used to be very close, but circumstances with her changed, and she fell into a depression after the death of her husband.  I was only too happy to renew our friendship once again.  I missed talking to her so much.

I was reading my "Divine Mercy Helper Newsletter" for this month and there was a story in there, of an older gentleman, who's wife had passed away.  He is a Divine Mercy helper, also, and as I read all the little things he was doing to reach out to help others, I felt very inadequate.  I understand that his health is a  lot better than mine and that allows him to do all those little things for other folks. 

One thing we can all do, whether we are old, young, ill, healthy, busy or have a lot of time on our hands, is to pray for all the people in the world.  We can ask Jesus' mercy for each of them: for our families, our extended families, our friends, our neighbors, for everyone who is suffering from illness, and for everyone throughout the entire world. 

Jesus wants to grant His Divine Mercy and His graces to everyone, not just all those who go to church and believe in Him, but to everyone.  We are all His children and He loves us all the same. 

So the next time you sit down with a few minutes to spare, quietly ask God to grant His mercy to everyone.  After all, we all need mercy in our lives and it's so simple to ask for it. 

This Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday.  If you have the opportunity, tune in to EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) for the Celebration which takes place up in Stockbridge, MS.  It starts about 11:00 am and ends around 2:45pm.  You will not believe how many people travel there for this celebration.  There are thousands and thousands of them who gather, outside, for Divine Mercy Sunday.  The entire celebration is held outside and it's to be fairly cold this Sunday here in PA so I can imagine it will be colder up in MS. 

It is truly a humbling sight to see, I can promise you that.  Even if you don't watch the entire event, as least tune in for ten or fifteen minutes.  It will be worth it and you will feel humbled!

Have a wonderful and safe day and may God bless each of you.
Susan
                                                       This is the Divine Mercy Image!

No comments: