Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hello everyone out there...

How's everyone doing this evening?  As you all know, today is Hump Day and that's a good thing for all of you who work Monday through Friday.  So smile, tomorrow you're on the down side of the work week.

I feel a little confused at what project I want to start next.  Oh, I'm still doing my embroidery work while I sit and watch television.  I'm referring to my next big project.  I'm not sure if I want to start on a new novel or not.  Actually today I was considering a new children's book, but what would be the story line.  First I thought about a learning book for children, but then I considered a teaching book for children.  I'm not referring to teaching something they'd learn in school, but rather, teaching them about life in general. 

Children today seem so disrespectful to others, be it other children or adults.  Oh, I know that there are still a lot of parents who teach their children about respect for everyone.  It starts with the child learning to respect their parents and siblings and goes out from there.  Sometimes I wonder what is happening with so many children today. 

Don't parents punish their children for being disrespectful to them or to their grandparents?  When I was a child, I was taught respect for all adults, not just my parents or grandparents.  That's also how I raised my three daughters and how they, in turn, raised their six sons, my grandsons. 

I have to tell you that I have never just accepted disrespect from anyone in my family or any other child either.  I suppose they see how disrespectful their parents treat other people, of all ages, and they just do as they see.  How wrong is that?  Totally wrong, at least in my book it is!

I'm still visiting my friend, once a week, at the nursing home.  She doesn't seem to care much about anything anymore.  I've decided that this week, when I go to see her, I'm going to get her to sit up right away and maybe even go for a wheel chair ride.  Apparently, all she does is lay in the bed.  I realize that she's depressed about having to live there, but they do have activities she could go to.  At least a few of them a week. 

I'm not judging her, because I don't know how I'd be if I were in her shoes, but I hope and pray that I would just accept my life the way it was and try to go on living.  I do know all about how chronic illness changes one's life in so many ways.  We only have two choices when that happens to us:  one is to give up and wait to die; the second is to thank God for life and make the best of it.  Believe me, I know how illness changes a persons life and I also know it's not easy to go on with your life, but that is what I chose to do ten years ago. 

Yes my life changed drastically, but I still was alive to enjoy some pleasures in life.  I tried thanking God for all my blessings and accepting my life, and my illness, and move forward in life.  I've shared with all of you before, that Gratitude and Acceptance is the only way a person can live a good life after being struck with a chronic illness.  You must take one day at a time and put God first in your life.

Here's a photo of the money holders that I made for Easter for my Grandsons and their special others.  I remember when we used to have Easter Egg Hunts for them, but now they're too big for that.  Where does the time go?  Just yesterday they were little children and today they're young adult men!


Be happy and be safe.  God bless all of you.
Susan

No comments: