Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy Monday, everyone!

Hi folks,

I trust you all had a good weekend.  The weather here was fairly nice, especially on Sunday.  Here it is the first day of another work week for most of you out there.  Although I can't hold down a job anymore, I still do have my routines.  I find that I've always been a person of habit.  I also am a scheduled person, that means, that I don't fly well by the seat of my pants.  Yes, I will admit that I am a list person. I certainly do have to have "my ducks all in a row."  It just has always worked for me.  My Mom was a bit like that, also.  So, I guess I can say, "I got this way from my loving Mother, and I'm glad I did." 

I will say, though, that my Dad was also a scheduled person.  I suppose he had to be, as he worked a full time and a part time job when I was a child.  Money was tight and Dad did whatever he had to do to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table and the bills paid.  He was a very hard worker and so was my Mom.  When my brother, Greg, started school, she took a full time job in a sewing factory, which wasn't too far away. 

Mom was quite the seamstress.  She could sew anything and it looked very professional.  Although she taught me to sew, I never became as good a seamstress as she was, but I did the best I could.  I am sorry to say that I don't really do much with a sewing machine these days.  All my sewing is done by hand, which is being creative, also.

What hobbies do you have?  Many times, they are also creative projects.  So there, you are a creative person.  Some folks love working in their flower beds and about now, are planning on what they will plant this year and what arrangement they will use for those beds.  Hey, that takes creative abilities, so give yourself credit. 

The thing about being creative is that the more you do something, the better you become at it.  Your creativity expands as you progress further along in your endeavors.  Trust me, when I started making hand made greeting cards, they weren't anything like they are now.  Good tools to work with also helps. 

So, whatever you like to do, try doing in a newly creative way.  Even arranging your closets, setting a beautiful table for a special dinner, or re-arranging the basement, takes creative abilities.  So, test yourself, you just may find out that you have many creative abilities.

I know that many of you are eagerly looking forward to the spring and summer seasons.  I am and I'm not.  I guess that doesn't make much sense to you, but for me, it does.  I love the spring time and the rebirth of all God's trees, grasses, bushes and flowers, and I don't mind the summer if it's not real hot and humid.  Oh, years ago, the heat and humidity didn't bother me too much, but for the past ten years, when it's very hot and humid, I'm stuck indoors; many times by  myself.  It's not so bad if I'm just at home, but if I'm away, I can't stay outdoors for very long.  So, that makes picnics and the such, difficult for me to attend.  I know I have to stay indoors all winter, but that doesn't bother me.  I suppose it's the fact that while others are out of doors, enjoying themselves, I'm inside alone.  After a while, it gets a bit depressing, to say the least. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I am so grateful to God, that He allowed me to live ten years ago, when I was close to death.  I try to keep myself busy most of the time, so that allows little time for me to sit and feel sorry for myself.   I have been blessed too much for those feelings.

This is the Divine Mercy Image.

I am still working my retreats, "33 Days to Merciful Love" and "40 Days to Lent."  I am enjoying both retreats and I'm thankful that I purchased both booklets.  Are you doing anything special for Lent?  I decided not to give up anything for Lent, but rather to use the time for these two retreats and to try to praise God in song form and by praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy every day.  What have you been doing during Lent to celebrate His mercy, or perhaps you've gone the route of giving something up for Lent.  Let me know!

I hope your week goes well for you.  Be safe always and may God bless you and your family.
Susan



No comments: