Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Can you believe it?

Good evening, all:

Can you believe it is already June 7?  It seems to me like we just celebrated Christmas and New Years.  I declare that time goes by so much faster now than when I was a young Mom with three daughters to chase after.  I wonder where each day goes to, and what exactly I did during that day, because it doesn't seem like I do very much in a days time.  How about you?  Does time seem to go by quickly for you, also?

I suppose by now, that most all the schools are out for this year.  I am sure all the kiddos love that it's now summer time, but I'm sure it's a bit hard on some parents, especially if they work and have to provide babysitters for their children.  I guess I was lucky, as I didn't go to work until my youngest was in school and then I worked in the evenings, so we did not need a babysitter during the day.  When I started working full time at an office, my girls were old enough to stay home alone during the summer months.  There is four years difference between my oldest and my youngest, so that was a good thing.  They were each two years apart.

That seems like it was so very long ago.  I suppose because it was!  All three of them are now in their forties and their boys are all young adult men now.  My six Grandsons range in age from 19 to 25.  I'm so proud of my boys, as well as, my daughters and sons-in-law. 

It's hard for me to remember that at one time, I was told that I'd never be able to have any children of my own.  I can tell you that I was devastated about that.  I give thanks to God for allowing that not to be true.  When I was young, all I ever wanted to do was to be a wife and a good mom, like my Mom.

Of course, I had to go to work to help support my family.  I worked in finances all my adult life, although I never really liked mathematics.  But, that was always my best subject all through school so having a job in finance, wasn't a big surprise to me.  I worked up until my health took a turn for the worse and then I ended up on Federal Disability. 

Life isn't always the way we want it, or the way we planned it.  We do have some control over parts of our lives, but other parts just occur.  I never thought I'd be disabled and have to live the life style that I do, but I've accepted it as my normal life style now.  There is absolutely no use in complaining, because it does no good and certainly doesn't change anything. 

I know God has a plan for me and I try very hard to meet each challenge He presents before me.  Tomorrow I will go to visit my friend who is in a nursing home.   I know she's terribly lonesome and the thought of having to stay in there for the rest of her life, upsets her.  I can't even imagine what that would be like and I hope and pray I never have to find out. 

Well, tomorrow is "hump day" and that means that by the end of the day, you'll be on the down swing of the week.  Thank God for each day that you and your loved ones have on this earth, because we never know when our lives, or those of our loved ones, will be over.  God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: