Thursday, June 30, 2016

Tomorrow is July 1st.

Hi everyone,

Can you believe that tomorrow is July 1st, already?  Time goes by so fast to me.  I don't know if you all think it does or not, but I surely do.  Maybe it's because I'm old now.  It seems like we just celebrated January 1st., and now six months are over already. 

What have you been up to lately?  Have you been doing anything creative?  I certainly hope so.  Creativity exists in all of us, but in many different ways.  A few days ago was my birthday and I received a message on FB from one of my Grandsons (he's 22) which made the tears flow.  That night as I was trying to fall asleep, I thought again about his message and I realized that he has the gift of words.  Then I remembered that he writes rap music, which he also sings.

It makes me so happy to realize that my six boys have grown up into fine young men now, but what really makes me smile, is that they understand how important values, principles, morals, ethics, traditions, etc. are to me and their parents. 

I know when our children are little, we often wonder (pretty much every day) if they even hear what we try to teach them in regards to the above things.  Then, if we've lucky, one day way in the future, we hear them say something that we said many, many years ago, and we stop and smile because they really did listen to us!  Who would have known?

As I'm sure you already know, I have three beautiful daughters, whom I love and admire very much.  They are strong, independent women, they've been terrific Moms and I am so proud of them.  I hope, in some way, that I was a good influence upon them and the way they turned out.  Maybe that was, in some way, creative parenting.

I'm still working daily on my embroidery work and I'm also crocheting afghans for Christmas gifts.  I am, also, working on another novel.  My manuscript is going well, although I just don't seem to have as much time to work on it, as I'd like to.  I don't know what's up with that.  I just seem to get tired much faster these days.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Fourth of  July weekend.  I know many of you will be celebrating with family and friends, so please be safe in your travels.  More importantly, please don't drink and drive.  If you're going to have alcohol, please have a designated driver assigned before hand. 

Happy July 4th to each of you and be safe.
Susan

No comments: