Thursday, June 16, 2016

How's your Thursday going?

Good evening everyone,

I have to admit that my thoughts are still reeling from the tragedy which occurred last Sunday in Orlando. There's been so much about it on the television news and in the newspapers, which is perhaps a good thing.  It's certainly the kind of thing that we should not just say, "Oh well," and then forget all about it.  Put yourself in the place of the parents of the 49 who died.  I'm sure they are grieving still and will be for a long time to come, maybe for ever.  Remember, it was a senseless killing of young folks, just like those in our own families.  How do you ever get over something like that?  I'm sure I don't know!

I made a decision this week about a short story which I started a few weeks ago, that I was going to enter into a contest for a publishing company in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. I had already entered one story and I was working on another one, but I didn't think I could end the story within the 3500 word count that they needed.  So, I hadn't done anymore with it until yesterday. 

It was then, that I made the decision to keep writing and turn it into a novel.  There was just too much story to tell and stay within the word count they need.  I worked on it a bit yesterday, but didn't have the time today to get back on it. 

Thursday mornings is my grocery shopping time and that, in itself, exhausts me for the rest of the day.  After I get home and put everything away, I am tired.  Although I have to admit that for quite some time now, I have felt more tired than I used to be.  I suppose it's a combination of the progression of my illness and my age.  Whatever it is, it's taking it's toll on me and now I have less energy than in the past.  Also, when I am tired, my lower back just aches me so much.  I have to keep a pillow there where ever I'm sitting.  It's been this way for some time now, but now it's worse than before. 

Okay, enough of my complaining.  Well, I truly not complaining, because I try to just accept whatever happens to me, health wise.  I am truly thankful that I am still alive and can see my six Grandsons growing into wonderful young adult men.  I am so proud of them and I love all six of them so very much. 

You see, my husband and my family are my greatest joys and I thank God for them every single day.  My life would be extremely sad without them in it.  I have been blessed so many times during my almost 68 years on this earth.  My parents taught me so many good values, morals, ethics, traditions, and many other things. 

I wish I could just sit and talk with my Mom and Dad, just one more time.  I don't think I ever told them what great parents they were and how very much I appreciate everything they taught me throughout my life.  It's because of them, that  I am the honest, caring and loving woman I am today.  I know I can't speak with them anytime soon, (well, at least I hope not) but perhaps they already know how much they meant to me.  I hope so!

Here's a photograph of my beautiful daughters which was taken at Christmas.


I hope you all have a good weekend and be safe.
Susan

No comments: