Monday, June 13, 2016

My heart is full of sorrow...

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a heavy heart today because of all the senseless murders which occurred in Florida, in the early morning hours of Sunday.  I realize this was probably an attach upon GLBT community, but the fact remains that this was a horrendous killing of other human beings.  I don't care if it would have been against the GLBT community, any religious community, blacks, whites, Spanish, etc., the fact is the same:  it was wrong!  No-one has the right to take another person's life, I don't care what the reason is, period! 

The anger and hate that encompasses our world today worries me so very much.  All you have to do is to glance at a person wrong, and they feel they have the right to pull out a gun or a knife and kill you.  THEY DON'T!  No one does....

Why can't people just accept other people for who they are.  They're not hurting anyone.  They're just trying to live their own lives the best way they can.  I think it's terrible that you have to be afraid to try to help another person, who appears to be having some problem, for fear they will rob and kill you.    What has happened to the people living in our world today?  I fear that Satan has taken possession of their souls.  Do they even care that they will spend eternity in hell?  I suppose the answer to that question is, no, they don't. 

I can remember back when I was a child.  That was when a parent loved their children enough to punish them for bad behavior.  When a child was very young, the parent smacked them across their bottom either with their open hand, or some kind of a paddle.  If I had spoken back to either of my parents, I would have gotten their hand across my mouth.  Oh, the paddling or the smack to the mouth wasn't enough to send me across the room, but it certainly taught me not to do that anymore.  I remember when I was a teenager, I wanted my Mom and Dad to be proud of the young woman I was becoming.  I never wanted to see disappointment upon their faces because of something I did wrong. 

I suppose many young adults today, didn't grow up under those circumstances.  What a shame.  I see my six Grandsons and their significant others, and I see respectable young adults.  I suppose that's because I raised my three daughters the same way my folks raised me and my siblings. 

I believe "family values" have dropped drastically in many families today.  I think many times the parents are afraid of their own children.  What a shame that things have come to this.  Hey, my daughters, as teens,  sometimes didn't back down, but I stood strong and they knew better than to argue with me.  I can guarantee you that they wouldn't like the punishments that resulted if they had spoken back to me or smart mouthed me in any way.  Oh, I'm sure they were thinking things as they stomped up to their bedrooms, but they knew better than to say it aloud.

Why can't we go back to those times.  I truly believe that this world we live in would be a much happier, calmer and safer place for all of us to live.  These are just my thoughts, but I hope that many of you will agree with me.

Be safe and may God bless us all, because we need Him so very much.
Susan

No comments: