Monday, June 20, 2016

How was your day?

Hi everyone,

How was your Monday.  I know it was the first day of the work week for most of you out there.  It was a normal Monday for me pretty much, even though today is my Birthday.  My wonderful husband did buy me flowers and gave me a birthday gift, but I wouldn't have minded if he hadn't.  His card was beautiful and there's little I need anymore. 

What I liked most about today, was that it's been another year that I've had on this earth.  Most people don't think about that on their birthday, but for me, it means everything.  You see, ten years ago I was pretty close to dying.  I believe that God had other plans for me and for that I'm thankful. 

What He gave me was ten more years of being with my family; of watching my six Grandsons grow from kids into strong young adults; of being with my husband who is the love of my life; of sharing time with my friends and extended family; of simply living.  What more could I ask for?  Well, perhaps at least another year? 

My life now, is so content and happy.  There is really nothing I need or want.  I pray for Jesus' blessings for my entire family, friends, all those suffering from any illness and my husband and myself every day.  They are the only really important things in my life and I am so thankful to God for giving me this contentment in my life.

So, if you have a birthday coming up soon, perhaps you should give thanks for being allowed to live as many years as you are old.  Remember:  We never know when God will decide to end our lives.  Not everyone gets to live to see old age. 

Have a great day tomorrow and count all your many blessings, for truly our blessings out number our complaints!
Susan

No comments: