Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Wednesday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Wednesday, Feb. 1, Spiritual Directors Confessors  Visible Help on Earth ... the goodness of Jesus is infinite; He had promised me visible help here on earth, and a little while later I received it in Vilnius, in the person of Father Sopocko. I had already known him before coming to Vilnius, thanks to an interior vision. One day I saw him in our chapel between the altar and the confessional and suddenly heard a voice in my soul say, This is the visible help for you on earth. He will help you carry out My will on earth (Diary, 53).

Write that by day and by night My gaze is fixed upon [Fr. Sopocko] and I permit these adversities in order to increase his merit. I do not reward for good results but for the patience and hardship undergone for My sake (Diary, 86).

My Prayer Response: Lord Jesus, thank You for providing a spiritual director for St. Faustina. Thank You that, through his direction, she wrote her Diary. We have before us Your words to her and her responses that speak to us now. They are the fruit of St. Faustina's obedience to her spiritual director.

No comments: