Saturday, February 23, 2013

Here It Is Again!

Hi all,

Once again the weekend has arrived.  What's on your schedule for today and tomorrow?  Will it be running your children all over creation; cleaning your home; catching up on laundry; going to your kids sports games; grocery shopping; or perhaps running endless errands?

If you still have children living in your household, then I'm sure you're probably be doing one or more of the above.  If you're a senior citizen, then perhaps you'll be busy running around with your friends.  If you're ill like I am, then today and tomorrow won't be much different than any other day of the week.  Pretty much sedentary, but I'm truly not complaining.  I've learned to accept and adjust to my current "normal" life a long time ago.  I'm just thankful to be alive.

Actually, tomorrow late afternoon, my Red Hat Group is meeting for an early dinner at Carrabbas in Mechanicsburg.  It is one of our favorite restaurants and we do enjoy eating there.  I am looking forward to see my friends once again.  I see them about once a month, except for during the summer months, when I see a few of them more often.  Friends play a very important part in ones life and this is so very true for me. 

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about what today's date was.  I realized today is Feb. 23, leaving us with only five more days left in February.  I just can't believe how fast this month has gone by.  Next Friday will be March 1. 

Of course I like the idea of spring arriving, but then I know summer will be coming in on it's coat tails and I'm really not looking forward to the heat and humidity.  They make it very hard for me to be outside during the summer months.  So, just like during the winter, I'm stuck indoors, once again.  I suppose it's a very good thing that I like being alone with myself; that I don't have a problem with the silence.  Actually, sometimes, I thoroughly enjoy it.  It's a good time for me to speak with God.  Also, the silence is a good time for me to listen to His whispers. 

Well, whatever you choose to do with your two days off, please don't forget to make a little time for yourself and for just you and your partner.  God speed!
Susan

No comments: