Sunday, February 10, 2013

Well, Once Again, It's Almost Over!

Hi all,

As the saying goes, all good things come to an end!  That's what's happening with this weekend:  it's ending...  Tomorrow it will be back to the same old, same old.  You know what I mean.  Whether you hold down a full time job, are a stay-at-home Mom, work from your home or are retired, weekdays are different than weekends.  Since my husband is still working a part time job, and isn't around as much through the week, my weekdays are different, also. 

I, too, have my regular routine.  Mondays and Fridays I usually do my laundry.  Thursday mornings I get groceries.  Sometimes that changes, but not too often.  Whenever I do my cleaning, that's usually on a Mon, Tues, and Wed. morning.  I don't do much in the afternoons, as I'm getting quite tired by then.  I do my writing in the afternoon, while propping my feet up on the sofa.

So, even for those of us who don't hold down full time jobs, or who don't work at all, we still have our regular routines, at least I do.  Maybe everyone doesn't after retirement, I really don't know.
I've always been a very regimented person, I guess that's because I like schedules.  They've always helped me accomplish what I needed to get accomplished.  I'm also a 'list' person.  I truly don't 'fly by the seat of my pants' very well.  I've always been detailed and I've always liked getting things done quickly.  I was never and am not now, a procrastinator. 

My husband and I were just sitting here trying to figure out if Walker, Texas Ranger was on television before or after the Matlock series was on.  I checked on the Internet and Matlock was on first; Walker followed in 1993.  I find we often ask each others questions about the old television shows.  Maybe that's what old folks, like us, do from time to time.  Who knows?

I still like to watch the old sit-coms like:  Andy Griffith Show, Happy Days, I Love Lucy, and many more.  I think I Love Lucy is my all time favorite show.  I think, as a comedian, she was in the top of her field.  When I go up to my bedroom in the evening, I usually watch television for a short period of time.  I like watching the old comedy sit-coms.  They're all re-runs, but comedies relax me so much more than dramas or cops and lawyers show.  Besides, I just love the old comedies because they just don't make them like that anymore.

Maybe later today, I'll get a chance to work on my novel once again.  I don't have much to go now and I'm excited about completing it.  I think I'll probably have about three hundred and fifty pages by the time I'm finished it. 

So, whatever you're going to be doing to finish out your weekend, I do hope you've found some spare time for yourself.  We all need that.  My husband has started going to the Mall to walk.  He can use the exercise, since he doesn't really get much through the winter months.  He walks by himself, so it also gives him time for himself. 

Try to get a good nights sleep tonight before heading off to another week of work and have a wonderful and healthy week.
Susan

No comments: