Saturday, February 2, 2013

I See Your Smile!

Hi all,
I know you're smiling because today is Saturday and it's the weekend.  Although I'm sure for alot of you, the weekends are just as busy, if not busier, than weekdays.  I remember how it was for me when my daughters were young and still at home.  It was always running here and running there.  This one needed to go to a game and that one needed to be dropped off at her friends and the other one was going to the Mall.   Wow, am I glad that they now are the ones to do the running around on weekends, not me!  Although I have to admit, they, also are almost free of that chore.  Of my six Grandsons, only two aren't driving on their own yet.  Well, one does have his permit, so he will be driving on his own soon.  As for the other one, he will be sixteen in two months, so then he'll be up and away also. 

Wow, where did the time go?  Do you ever wonder about that?  Why does the time go so much faster when you're old and it's just you and your husband, or you alone?  Even with my sedentary life style, time just flies on by.  Why in the world is that?  I'd really love to know the answer to that question!

Yesterday was a very busy day for me, as I had the day to myself.  I actually accomplished quite a bit.  I spent about three or more hours working on writing my new novel, which is coming along quite well.  I also worked on starting my small quilted piece, which I'm going to use to wrap around the base of my artificial tree that's in my bedroom.  Then, I crocheted for over an hour.  I'm working on a sweater/shawl for myself.  Since I didn't have to make or worry about dinner (my husband was away for the day) I ate a bowl of Fiber One cereal, which was quite yummy.  I do try to get my fiber every day.  It's important to keep the body system running smoothly!

I don't know what I'll be up to today.  Probably more of the same from yesterday, only not as much of any.  Maybe I'll ask my husband to run me to the craft store.  That's about the only shopping I do anymore and not really much of that.  My husband will sometimes pick up something that I need.  He's really helpful in that regard.

What's on your schedule for the weekend?  Remember, no matter how much you have to do or how hectic your time is, set aside at least thirty minutes for yourself.  We all need that time to rejuvenate our minds and bodies.

Of course, you all know that February is Heart Month.  It has a special meaning for me, as I live every day of my life with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure.  It has to be a major part if I want to continue living, that is.  I have said so many times, but it's worth repeating, that God has truly blessed me.  He's given me so many creative talents and He's also given me Cardiovascular Disease.  I'm sure you're saying to yourself, 'She thinks that's a blessing?'  The answer to that is 'yes' I am blessed because back in 2006 I almost died, but God saw fit to let me live.  It's true the normal life I led then, no longer existed and still doesn't, but I'm still breathing and waking up every morning.  So, I AM BLESSED!  Wouldn't you say?

Please have a wonderful weekend with your families.  Stay safe and have fun!
Susan

No comments: