Tuesday, February 19, 2013

There May Just Be A Light At The End Of The Tunnel!


Hi all,

Well, today is the 19th of February.  Can you believe it?  It seems like we just celebrated Christmas.  Where does the time go?  You know, when I was younger and my daughters were still in high school, I used to think that I never had enough time to do everything that was required of me.  Fortunately, I got most of it finished.  I remember thinking that when my girls all grew up and left home, that time would slow down.  Well, that wasn't the way it was.  Then I thought that after I became ill and had to live a sedentary lifestyle, that time would really drag on by.  Once again, I was wrong.  Time still flies by!  Why is it that when we're younger, we all think time will drag when we get old? 

As the years have flown by, I've realized a lot of things about growing old.  One thing I know, is that we never stop learning and growing mentally.  The things we learn are not just facts about this or that, but we also learn what's really important in our lives.  No longer are things important to me.  My husband, my immediate family, my extended family and my friends are the most important people in my life.  They are the reason why I'd want to live another day. 

Perhaps it's because when we've reached our sixties or are living every day with an illness which could keep us from living very long, we start categorizing things very differently.  To quote Oprah, "I had an a-ha moment."  That was back in 2006, after being diagnosed with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, cardiomyopathy, H-V Block and implanted with a defibrillator with a built in pacemaker.  I had been pacer dependent since 1992.  Well, the good news is that I'm still living. I still wake up every morning giving praise to God for His marvelous blessings.

So, I figured God still had something He wanted me to do.  He wasn't done with me yet, on this earth.  So, I set out to try to figure out what He wanted me to be doing.  Since, obviously, I couldn't do anything physical anymore, I assumed He wanted me to do something with the many creative talents He's blessed me with.  So, that's what I'm doing.

I've been working an a sequel to my first adult fiction novel, "Sassy With A Capital S".  This follow up novel is called, "Crafty-Cruise With A Capital C".  I'm almost finished writing it. Then begins the tedious chore of proof reading it.  I discovered that proofing is a very hard thing for me to do.  You really have to look at and read each individual word in the book.  I tried doing that but then I'd discover that I was, once again, scanning the words.  It's been proven that if you are given a paragraph to read in which every word used starts and ends with the correct letter, but all the other letters are incorrect, we can still read it.  The reason for this is because we 'scan' to read.  Strange, isn't it?

What's been going on in your life?  I hope you've been doing some interesting activities.  I, also, hope that you've made some time for yourself.  Time to be alone, time to put yourself first, time to meditate, time to talk with God!  And don't forget to make time to listen to what God's whispering in your ear.  It's so important that you save some of your busy life for yourself and God.  After all, where would we be without Him?  You know the answer to that question is:  We'd be dead.  Then if we were good Christians and lived a good life, we'd still be with Him.  If not, then I think you know where you'll be....

I hope you have a very productive week.  Work hard, love hard and forgive with ease.  All my best to all of you.  I'd love to hear your comments.
Susan

No comments: