Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm Happy If You're Happy!


Hi all,

Have you ever stopped to think what makes you happy?  I was just thinking about that very subject.  I always say that I'm a very 'simple' person and I am.  It doesn't really take much to make me happy.  Today what's making me happy is the fact that 273 people have taken advantage of my free promotions on my books.  I will be promoting two of them again next weekend, 2/9 and 2/10.  You can find them at:  www.amazon.com for Kindle or you can also read them from your PC or laptop or an I-Pod, at least that's what I was told. 

You may ask, "Why does this make you happy, when you're not making any money from it?  Well, the answer is very simple:  I don't care about the money.  I don't write books to make the money, if I do make any, that's an added bonus.  My creative abilities are my greatest gift from God, next to still being alive, that is.  I believe God wants me to give back and what greater way to do that than to promote my books for free.  If one person reads one of my books and it makes them smile, feel good or learn something about cardiovascular disease, then that makes me very happy! 

Also, promoting your books for free reading for a limited time span is a marketing tool.  The more people that read your books, the more chance there is for your name to get out there.  I'm learning more and more about Marketing oneself.  I'm not sure I want to get any more involved than I already am, but I've learned some interested facts. 

I am about ready to start quilting a tree wrap for the tree that's in my bedroom.  It goes around the base of the tree.  It's an artificial tree and no, it's not decorated for Christmas.  I spend time every evening in my bedroom before going to sleep and the only light I use is from my tree.  It helps relax me and I love seeing it all lit up.  I have the tiny white lights on it.  It's so beautiful and makes me feel comforted and at peace with my life.  What more could I ask for?

I still have some handmade greeting cards to make yet.  I'll soon get back to finishing them.  I love creating anything and I miss working on them.  But, along with all the creative things I do, I still need to find time to do laundry and clean my house.  So, that's what today was all about and tomorrow I'll finish my downstairs and wash floors.  That's the part of my life that I don't get excited about.  How about you?

They're calling for one to two inches of snow again tonight.  Whatever happens, happens.  What can we possibly do about it?  The one thing we, as humans, can not control, is the weather.  So, bring it on!  Have a great afternoon and evening and if you have snow where you live, drive carefully.
Susan

No comments: