Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm Moving Right Along!

Hi all,

Are you finding that you're completing your projects, or are you just lagging behind?  Well, I'm moving forward, and that's a good thing.  I've started quilting my tree wrap and it's coming along.  I've just finished page 315 of my current novel.  It's called 'Crafty-Cruise' With A Capital 'C'.  I figure I will have about twenty five more pages to go and then I'll be able to start proofing it.  My goal was to have it published by the end of March, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet that goal.  Oh well, it's not a big deal if I it takes me a few weeks longer.  I love writing and being creative.

I was in my craft room earlier this week trying a way to make your own Washi Tape.  Expense wise, I'd say it's just as cheap to just buy it, but I love trying new things.  I definitely have to get back up there and finish my handmade greeting cards.  I still have Halloween and Thanksgiving cards to create , and I have to make a few 'Thinking of You' and 'Get Well' cards. 

Today one of my girlfriends and I got together so I could help her to start a Vintage Hanky-Panky Quilt.  Back in 2005, I made quite a few of them and I sold them.  I also made one for each of my daughters, one for a friend as a gift and one for myself. 

They are about 25" x 27" in size and I have mine hanging on an antique wooden rack in my living room.  It took us approximately an hour and a half to cut the hankies and lay them on the base piece.  We then had to pin them all down.  I think hers will be beautiful after she hand stitches all the hanky pieces to the backing.  I'm anxious to see it as she progresses.  She was very excited about going home and starting on the stitching.  My wonderful husband then treated the both of us to lunch.

So, as you can see, I've been keeping busy.  I also finished up my house cleaning this week as well as do all the usual tasks a woman has to do.  You know:  laundry, cooking, food shopping, cleaning and other things.  Of course, I'm old and don't have any children to drive around and clean up after, so I'm sure you may have a lot more to do than I do. 

I think I do okay for myself, considering that I suffer from Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, Cardiomyopthy and a very weak heart.  I have very little energy, but I truly am not complaining.  I feel very blessed to still be living.  I try to live every day of my life with:  Gratitude and Acceptance to God.  How about you?  It sure has made my file easier to accept.

Well, tomorrow is Friday and you know that means: the weekend is on it's way.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Let me remind you, that if your weekend is going to be very busy, take at least thirty minutes each day just for yourself.  You need it!
Susan

No comments: