Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy Saturday Evening!

Hi all,

How's your weekend going?  I know it's almost half over now, but tomorrow's another day!  Please don't forget that tomorrow is the Lord's Day.  Just a reminder to spend some time giving praise to God for all He's blessed you with each day.

My husband and I closed up our travel trailer today for the season.  I'm so glad that's finished.  It's a big job for me now.  All he will have to do yet, is go up to the campground and blow leaves, also, cover the air conditioner in the trailer.  He would have done that today, but we had a brief shower and he didn't want to cover it while it was wet.  We started yesterday and finished up today.  Now it's all set for the winter months.  The last thing we did, was to winterize it.  Thank goodness it's done!

I enjoy spending time at the campground, but if I'm being truthful, I simply don't enjoy it like I used to.  Since becoming sick back in 2006, so many things in my life have changed.  I can't go out in the heat and humidity and I can't be out in the cool and damp weather, either.  Also, the campfire smoke odor, makes it very hard for me to breath.  So, maybe now you can see why I don't enjoy going up as much as before my illness.    I'm not complaining, but it is easier for me, as far as keeping my spirits up, if I just stay at home more. 

Have you excepted the fact that summer is now in the past.  I know, you wouldn't think so with the weather this past week, but it is!  How do you feel about that fact?  As far as for me, I'm happy.  I've always liked the spring and fall seasons.  But, it just seems that we don't have much of either of those two seasons any more.  That makes me so sad. 

My oldest daughter, Mari, has been diligently reminding everyone on Facebook, how many days it is until Christmas arrives.  Every time she posts a Christmas poster, it makes me smile.  She is her Mother's and Grandmother's Daughter, that's for sure.  Both my Mom, Dot, and I couldn't wait for the Christmas Season to come.  It always seems that no matter what happens, I'm simply happier during that Season of the year, than any other.  How about you?  Do you love the Christmas Season, and if so, why?

My husband and I usually decorate for the holidays the weekend before Thanksgiving.  My husband is a big hunting fan, so we need to get the decorating out of the way, before deer hunting starts.  That's okay with me.  I really can not do the decorating myself anymore.  As far as the tree goes, I hand him the ornaments and he hangs them on the tree for me.  I'm so lucky that he's willing to help me with the decorating. 

Well, enough about Christmas for now, at least.  Halloween is quickly approaching us.  Do you do anything special for that Holiday?  We really don't anymore.  We used to hand out candy, but we stopped doing that some time ago.  We live on the outskirts of the city and people would bring kids in by the car loads.  It just became too much.   I really don't even decorate much anymore.  I may put out some pumpkins and a few other decorations, but that's about it for me.  How about you?  Do you do anything for Halloween?  Do you still have children at home who go Trick or Treating?

Tomorrow my youngest daughter, Candy, is having an open house of her fall Tastefully Simple Products.  She has been in the business for quite a few years now, and she has worked her way up through the ranks.  She works very hard though to keep her business so successful.  If you haven't ever heard of Tastefully Simple, you need to find a dealer and purchase some, because it's very good and so easy to prepare.  I know that's a very important factor to those of you who have children at home.  You're always on the go, but still need to fix quick meals that are also good for everyone and still tasty.  If you can't find a dealer, let me know, and I'll see if I can hook you up with my daughter.

I guess I better close for now.  I am quite tired this evening.  Have a wonderful Sunday, ask for God's blessings, and stay safe. 
Susan

No comments: