Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Now, This is what I'm talking about!

Hi all,

What my title refers to today, would  be the weather.  I'm so happy we finally are having some October type weather instead of August type.  It's cool in the morning and evenings, but warm in the afternoons.  Yeah!!!!!

How's everyone doing today?  I'm doing well.  I've started proof-reading my novel, for the second time today.  But, I really haven't spent much time on that today.  I spent about two and one half hours starting my hand made Christmas cards.  The style I'm doing now, is called Iris Folding and it's very slow going.  I already had the main front panels complete.  These contain the Iris Folding part.  Each one took me at least forty-five minutes.  So, in the 2 1/2 hours I spent today, I completed the fronts and insides of five cards.  I still have to stamp the backs and envelopes to carry the theme through on both of those surfaces.  I already have eight more Iris Folded designs ready as front panels, so I will complete those and then I am so done with the Iris Folding design for now.  It simply takes too much time to make them.  I will have to make approximately 80 cards, so I really can't spend this much time on a single card.  Although, I have to say they are beautiful when they're completed.

Since we closed up our trailer for the season, I've been placing online orders for a few different things.  I ordered some Christmas gifts, Christmas bags and a few other things.  I also ordered three hard bound books for myself.  As well as, some laundry detergent and softener from Amway.  My Grandson, Cori Ebersole, is a representative for Amway.  I have to say that I really love the laundry detergents and softeners,and kitchen and bathroom cleaners.  You use such a small amount of the laundry detergent and softener, that in the long run, it's very economical to use.  Here's his web site:
www.amway.com/CoriEbersole   Perhaps you'll want to check out all the things that Amway sells.
I especially like the Ribbon Cards for gifts, as well as, the Partner Stores for gift cards for presents.

I've been trying to take the time to write another article on Woman and Heart Disease.  Hopefully I will soon be able to get it done.  It's so important that woman know how dangerous heart disease is and that it's not necessarily like that in a man.  I'll let everyone know as soon as I've completed it.

Somewhere in between all of these things, I really need to get to cleaning my house.  I can't tell you just how vehemently I hate to clean house!  But, since it is my home, I suppose I'd better get at it one of these first days.  It just takes me so long to complete it, because I can only work for about an hour or so and then I'm done for the day.  Also, I have to do it in the morning, when I have a little bit of energy.  I suppose I shouldn't complain, as I do use my Rumba to clean the floor rugs.  I just love that little robot!  I can't push the big sweeper around any more, it just tires me out too fast to run the sweeper.

Well, I hope you all are having a good day and will have an enjoyable evening tonight.  Take care of yourselves and your families. 
Susan

No comments: