Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I give up!

Hi all,

How's everyone today?  I hope you all realize that the work week is now on the down side.  I'm sure that makes many of you smile. 

Everyplace I look, whether it's television, newspaper, or social networks, everything is about the government shut down.  I realize that's a very serious subject, but it seems to me that our government officials (and I mean BOTH parties) are acting like sixth and seventh graders.  I think they need to grow up and come to some agreement, so these folks who are off work, can go back to their jobs. 

That's all I'm going to say about that subject.  I have my own opinions, as well as the next person and I'm not going to change and apparently nether are they!   All I will add is that if I had not been able to afford health insurance seven years ago, I would have died.

What's on your schedule for the weekend?  Anything exciting or interesting?  I understand that the weather here in Pennsylvania is to be in the low eighties.  Ugh!!!  I DO NOT like that one little bit.  I am so ready for cool mornings and evenings, with nice afternoons.  You know, usual fall weather.  Definitely not what it is this week.  I simply hate it! 

I was reading a book of poems this afternoon and the accompanying picture with one was of a snow covered scene out in the country.  It was simply beautiful and I almost wished that weather for now.  Take note I said, almost! 

Have you been up to anything creative lately?  As for me, I have about one hundred more pages to proof read on my novel.  Then, of course, I will need to start all over and reproof it once again.  I'm still hoping to have it published by the end of the year, but if not, then early in 2014 will be okay, too.

I need to start working on my handmade Christmas cards pretty soon.  We're now into October and the time will now fly on by.  I will be creating approximately eighty or so.  I like to only do about eight to ten the same and then switch to another style.  I already have about ten front panels completed, but still have the rest of the front and inside to do.  I'm using the Iris Folding style on these front panels.  I takes a lot of time but they are so beautiful when they're finished.  At least I think so.

We will soon be closing up our camping trailer for the season.  I'm so ready to have it done with!  I just have too many other things to do to go camping.  I may lead a very sedentary lifestyle, but I am busy with many creative projects.  I find that if I stay busy, I don't think so much about all the activities that I can no longer do. 

We all have our crosses to bear.  What matters is how we carry them.  I'm trying very hard to carry mine with dignity and without depression.  Believe me, it's not easy some times, you just need to allow yourself to cry or be depressed for a short time, and then move out of it.

How do you like the fact that it gets dark earlier now?  It's okay with me.  I love the change of the seasons.  I always have, ever since I was a little child.  I remember so many wonderful winters when we lived on the farm.  Our farm was kind of in a valley and when it snowed, we always got snowed in.  We'd be off school sometimes for three to five days.  Because we lived out in the country, the snow plows did our rural road last.  I remember once, when my Aunt was snowed in with us at the farm.  We had two very long sleds, so my Mother, Aunt, my Sister, Carol and I went sledding down a neighbors long drive way.  That particular time stuck in my mind because my Mother and Sister were on the sled together and they wrecked and rolled off the sled.  My Mom was laughing so hard that she wet herself.  So, of course, we had to head home after that.  My Mother always made things so much fun for the three of us kids.  I remember another time when my Dad had a meeting after work and my Mother told us three kids, that we were to hurry up and get our homework done because we were eating out and going to the movies.  What we didn't know was that her idea of us going out to eat was to allow us to eat in the living room, using tray tables, while we watched a movie.  To say the least, we were a bit disappointed, but it didn't last long.  It wasn't often that we got to eat a meal in the living room, so that was a big treat for us.

Well, I suppose I will close for now, with the hope that perhaps by tomorrow our government will once again be open.  Who knows?  Have a great day tomorrow and stay safe, always.
Susan

No comments: