Monday, October 14, 2013

Have you ever had, what Oprah calls, "A Light Bulb" Moment?

Hi all,

How's everyone doing today?  I know it's Monday, and the first day of the week, but I still hope that it was a good day for you.  If it wasn't, at least your working hours are now over for the day.  My day was pretty good.  I finished up my cleaning on the second floor, did a load of laundry, made a couple of Christmas cards, did some proofing on my novel and I made a roast chicken with filling for dinner tonight.  So, all in all, I think I accomplished a good bit, and I'm satisfied with my day's work.

As far as my title, I was wandering if you've ever had  one of those moments, when something just seems to click.  That's what happened to me on Sunday.  I was praying, in song format, The Divine Mercy Chaplet.  If you don't know what that is, let me explain.  The Chaplet can be sang or recited using the Rosary Beads.  I can't begin to tell you how emotional I get when I pray The Chaplet in song.  I love it and it allows me to feel so close to God and His only Son, Jesus Christ. 

Well, when I was singing the Chaplet on Sunday, and sang the part that asks God to bless us and the whole world.  I, momentary, thought of the violence and hatred in the world today.  When suddenly, my thoughts went to the fact that Jesus was tortured, nailed onto a cross and left to die.  What I realized was that things weren't so different back when Jesus lived on this earth, as they are today. 

I understand there were a lot less people living on the earth back then, compared to today.  I have to say that I never thought about this before.  It definitely was a "light bulb moment" for me!  But it certainly wasn't the only 'light bulb moment" I've ever had. 

I listened to the weather report this evening and I'm not liking what I heard, well not the first half of it, anyways.  They are calling for the temps to be up to 70 degrees for tomorrow and almost that warm on Wednesday.  Then, alleluia, the temperature will, once again, come down to where it should be for October.  I can't wait!  I want it to be 'fall' weather out there...

What have you been up to lately?  Are you doing anything creative?  I hope so.  It's not only good for you as a stress reliever, but it will also make you feel good about yourself.  We all need to feel good about ourselves. 

I hope your week goes well.  Try to make time for yourself because we all need some time alone just to ponder on our lives and how we can improve them.  Take care and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: