Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sorry, I've not been on for a while!

Hi all,

I've had a few very busy days, as my husband was admitted to the hospital yesterday for internal bleeding.  To make matters worse, I was sick yesterday and couldn't even go with him.  He drove himself there and one of my daughters spent the next six hours with him.  My thanks and love to her for doing that.  I was very upset that I couldn't be there. 

While in the meantime, my oldest daughter came in and sat with me for almost four hours.  I was feeling a bit better by then, but my nerves were quite frazzled, to say the least.  They ended up not doing anything yesterday, as far as tests go, because his blood count and pressure was very low.  He was told that they'd do test this morning to see if he had a bleeding ulcer in his stomach. 

Well, this morning came and went until finally about two thirty they took him down and it was at least three o'clock before they did the test.  They found out that he does have an ulcer in his stomach and attached to the middle of it was a blood vessel, which was bleeding.  They clamped it and he will have to spend one or two more days in the hospital so they can keep a close watch on him.

I have to say that I am so relieved.  It could have been something much more serious.  My nerves were shot yesterday, but I feel better tonight.  It's the not knowing that frightens a person so much.  Once you know what the illness or problem is, then you can deal with it.  So, I'm breathing better tonight. 

This is going to be short, as I am quite tired.  I'm sure it's more from stress than anything else.  Perhaps a good night's sleep with help.  Please stay safe and don't take life for granted, ever.
Sue

No comments: