Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Hi all,

I hope that today and tomorrow are two fun filled days for each of you.  I also hope that you make at least a little time just for yourself.  Alone time is so very important to each of us.

Well, I've finally got my newest book, "Generation to Generation:  Passing it Forward," on Amazon.com.  This book contains information on Ethical Wills; what they are and how to create one for yourself.  I first heard about an ethical will back in 2012.  It took me some time to research exactly what they were and then I started writing my own ethical will.  I made a personal copy for each member of my immediate family.  Then I presented their copies to each of them on Christmas Eve.  I'm sure it didn't mean a whole lot to my grandsons at this time, but hopefully some day in the future, they will cherish them.  At least that's what my hope is for them.

So, right at the present time, I'm not working on any writing projects.  I am going to print a few copies of this book to sell to a few of my close friends who'd like to have a physical copy.  I also want to retain a copy for myself. 

I suppose that my next project will be a writing project, but I'm not sure what direction I want to go as of yet.  I do have to get back to finishing my hand-made greeting cards.  I only have about a dozen or so to complete yet.  They consist of 'get well', 'thinking of you', and 'sympathy' cards.  It's a shame how many sympathy cards I send in a years time.  I guess that's to be expected as one gets older.  Most all of your siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends are your age or older.  Dying is a fact of life as one reaches their mid sixties and onward.

How's the weather where you are today?  Here, the temperature is in the upper 50's to low 60's.  The sun is shinning brightly and there's very little wind.  Just about all the snow is gone now.  Of course by Wednesday of next week, we are to have another snow storm coming our way.   Ugh!  I'm not ready for hot weather as of yet, but I'm sure as heck ready to have the snow end for now. 

What have you been up to?  Anything exciting, challenging, creative or new?  Springtime is here and with it comes "new beginnings."  Not just with the sprouting of new flowers popping up from the ground, but soon the trees will start developing leaves on them and the grass will, once again, turn nice and green.  Of course, then comes the time to mow your grass and care for those flower beds.  But, I'm sure that for the first two or three months, most of us don't mind doing those chores.  It's only when the intense heat and humidity comes that we detest those two particular chores. 

It has been a long, cold, snowy winter, but I'm not sad to see that it will soon be gone for now.  I love the change of the weather.  I always have.  I can't imagine ever living any place where it's either warm or cold all year long.  I so look forward to the change of each season as they come and go.  Of course, I've always lived in South Central Pennsylvania, so that's all I know. 

Well, once again let me wish you all a good and pleasant weekend.  Remember that tomorrow is the Lord's Day.  Spend time with your families and do something just for yourself.  It's so important to your health.  Be safe and be happy.
Susan





















No comments: