Sunday, March 16, 2014

I hope it was good.












Hi everyone,
How was your weekend?  I know it's not completely over just yet, but I do hope you've had a good weekend.  Mine was good.  Last evening my Red Hat group had a soup exchange.  We each made a large kettle of soup, what ever kind we wanted.  Before we met, we fixed six containers with 8-12 ounces in each.  Then  we took the balance of the kettle for everyone to share for dinner. 

Our husbands joined us for dinner.  Which was very nice.  We also had breads and crackers to go with the soup and three desserts to share.  It was a great success.  We do this once a year and everyone seems to enjoy tasting all the yummy soups.  Plus we get to take a sample of every ones home with us.  That's lunches for a few days.  How can you beat that?

What did you do over the weekend?  I hope it was something fun.  I know how quickly the weekends fly by, so I hope you made the best of it.

Well, hopefully within a few days I will be ready to publish my newest book, Generation to Generation: Passing It Onward.  I'll be sure to let you know when it's available to purchase or borrow on www.amazon.com.  Check out their 'borrowing' program.  You may simply want to start borrowing the books instead of purchasing them. 

You can access all my books and booklets by filling my name in the search block and clicking go.  All my novels will open up for you.  I write both fiction and non-fiction.  Did you know that you can read books on any electronic device with reading capability.  You may have to download the app before doing so.

I truly don't know what I'd do if I wasn't able to write, create my handmade greeting cards, or create things by hand sewing.  My life changed entirely after becoming ill back in 2006.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm content just the way things are now.  I'm just so thankful that I'm still alive.

What makes you happy and content?  If you don't have an answer to that question, then I would suggest that you do some serious thinking about it.  It's so important that we all have something that makes us feel fulfilled and good about ourselves.  It could be anything, but doing something that you love and are good at, makes life much better. 

I hope this week is a good one for you.  Try to make the most out of working at your job.  Stay focused, happy and smile at everyone.  You'd be so surprised how people react when others simply smile at them.  It will not only make your day better, it will also improve their day.
Susan

No comments: