Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi all,

First, I want to wish all you Mother's out there a very happy Mother's Day.  Being a Mom is not an easy fete these days.  Actually, it's never been an easy job.  As a Mom, all I can say is that we do the very best we can as Moms. 

I just spent the last four days in Ocean City, MD with my Red Hat Group.  We had a very nice time and the weather this year was good.  It didn't rain, it was very windy and the temperatures were in the upper sixties to mid seventies.  It wasn't overly crowded, so that meant no waiting to be seated in the restaurants.  I had a nice time..  I always enjoy being close to the ocean.

I have to say that I was glad to get home today.  I miss my home when I'm away.  I suppose that confirms that I'm content spending my days at home.  Of course, I do spend so much time alone, so I guess that's why I'm content being here.

I think I'm about ready to start my next writing project.  I've been in a sort of limbo for the last couple of weeks.  I'm anxious to start another book, a novel, but not a fiction novel.  I just feel this is the time for me to do a nonfiction piece.  I don't have anything pressing in the next couple of months, so this is a good time to start another project. 

I'm still working on my hand embroidered Christmas ornaments.  They are for my family and friends.  I find it so relaxing when I'm sitting in front of the television and doing my hand embroidery work.  Actually, whenever I'm creating, it relaxes me.  Do any of you feel this way about being creative? 

What have you all been up to lately?  I'm sure by now, many of you have started working in your flower beds and gardens.  Or, perhaps you've been fixing up your screened-in porches or decks.  I wish we'd just have some spring weather, instead of having these up and down temperatures all the time.  I see that for the next three days, it's to be in in eighties, but by Saturday, it's to be only sixty degrees.  What's up with that anyways?  I'd just like to have a few weeks with the temps in the low to mid seventies.  I'm not ready for summer!

Well, there's only a few more hours left of Mother's Day, so try to make the most of it.  I'm not planning on doing much else today, except watching some television.  I didn't get much sleep the last three nights, and I'm very tired this evening.  I hope I get a good night sleep tonight since I'll be back in my own bed.

I hope your first day back to work tomorrow will be a good one.  Stay safe and God bless you all.
Susan

No comments: