Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What a nice day!

Hi all,

Well today my husband and I went on an historic train trip.  It was a gift from our broker's firm and it also included lunch afterwards.  We left the train station in New Freedom and ended up at the Hanover Junction.  It was an hour trip down and then we had about a twenty minute layover at Hanover Junction, where we could visit the train museum, use the rest rooms, and get a cold drink or an ice cream.  I used most of my time taking pictures.

The train is a replica of an original steam engine and it's cars from back when President Lincoln was alive.  He took this same route from New Freedom to Hanover Junction.  The cars weren't too bad, but they were much like they originally were.  Needless to say, my back and hips bothered me on the return trip.  But, I'm not complaining, it was a wonderful time for my husband and I to do something together. 

Here's some pictures I took:






 
 
After we arrived home, my husband left to meet his boss and one of his boss's sons to play golf.  I
quite tired, as I had to get up up early this morning.  So I took a little cat nap this afternoon and when I woke up, I felt so much better.  I guess I just needed a bit more sleep to satisfy my body.
 
I will be starting another hand-embroidery project, as soon as I get all the pieces cut out and laid on the background so they are symmetrical.  It will be a coffee table runner that I will use at Christmas.
 
I've got to find some time to work on my new novel.  This one is a non-fiction and will be the story of my life.  No, I don't have any great secrets or I've never broken the law, but I have had some life-learning lessons over the years.  I think that as a person ages, we become much smarter.  I know that young people think that us senior citizens aren't too smart, but they don't know any better. 
 
We learn so much by simply living each day of our lives.  There are those life lessons that you can only learn by living through them.  If you are a senior citizen, you know what I mean.  We're never too old to learn something new.    You know I'm right on that fact.
 
Well, I'm a bit tired from my adventure today, so I'm going to close for now.  Be safe and take care.
 
Sue
 
 

No comments: